My new favorite fuel - Traxxas Top Fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I took back the eliminator fuel my wife bought me and exchanged it for Traxxas Top Fuel. I came home filled the tank and it fired right up and ran nice, after it had warmed up did a couple passes WOT and fine tunned the Hsn and it has never ran better :). My T-Maxx loves this stuff :dancin:. I might actually get some run time now lol. Before I couldnt get it to run right, this is only my second quart ill be running through it since I bought it used on ebay, anyway Its great stuff and I'm only going to use it for now on. :idea:

I thought I had mentioned Top Fuel for Traxxas engines prior to the hurl thread.
They are DEFINATELY made for each other. I also learned that the hard way, and it's all I run now.
Anyway, Jesse, now that's it's running really good, be cautious with it. Don't make me :puke:

Yes you did mention Top Fuel :) And thats why I got it :). Cautious!!! what fun would that be lmao!!! It runs awesome now, I just want more power than what the .15 can put out. Guess when I get some $$$$ I will get the O.S .18 lol but for now it runs good and once it gets going it does pretty good :).

Top fuel is all I run too. Just curious what do you guys pay for top fuel "down in the lower 48" for a gallon or a quart? :shrug:

$24.00 a gallon. 10 times more than the current price of gasoline.
For some strange reason, it seems to be worth it.

20 a gallon here in pa ,but i gotta drive 50 miles go get it at the price ,..lol

a gallon of top fuel at my lhs is 19 dollars. good enough for me.

I buy it by the quart and it was 10.99 not bad the first quart I ever bought was Trinity Monster horsepower and it was 12.99 and my Maxx diddnt like that stuff at all lol

Humm. yeah here in Alaska we were paying $31.99 for a gallon of traxxas %20, but the LHS bought 16 cases witch brought our price down to $25 a gallon. And a quart is $13.99. Just thought I would see what the difference was. They also had a deal if you bought a case (6 gallons) it was $130, so thats what I did

www.nitrofactory.com has a deal on rocket science right now, buy a 4 gallon case ($87) and shipping is free. I'm on my first gallon of it now and all my engines are really liking the stuff. it runs cooler than my trinity platinum too.

all i run is o'byrons 20% which costs me $29

Adding my 2 cents here.

In any Traxxas motor running their Top Fuel will make it run better. For some reason their formula works best. You may get temporarily good results out of other fuel, but for long term performance and ease of tuning, Top Fuel works best.

I run TF 20% in my Revo, HPI RS4-3 SS 12, and T-Maxx, but I use Byron's 2500 in my Hyper 7 PCR and will run Byron's 3000 in my V-Spec equipped TT EB4 S3 when I get it up and running. BTW, about 22.00 to 24.00 gallon for TF here.

my 2.5r in my revo runs like a champ, only thing is it is temping about 295 for me to feel like I'm getting the kind of power out of the mill that it should be making. (sealed backplates and carb like i do all my other mills) i run trinity monster hp 20%, with a 3232 plug, stock everything.
first off i still have good smoke at wot, sings smoothly at wot (no detonation or stalling out) nice smooth low end to high transition. good sized hole cut into windshield of body. have you guys noticed just an improvemnt in general tune, (good idle, smooth engine running, reliable) or have you also had a drop in temps going to top fuel?

Revo Rancher said:
Adding my 2 cents here.

In any Traxxas motor running their Top Fuel will make it run better. For some reason their formula works best. You may get temporarily good results out of other fuel, but for long term performance and ease of tuning, Top Fuel works best.

Yeah this stuff works awesome In My Maxx. I was able to tune it in really nice. With my first quart I never could get it to that sweet spot and it would run different every single time I ran it was very frustrating!!! I will continue to use Top Fuel from now on. I also was using Trinity Break in blend on a motor that was already broken in lol. I had just bought my first nitro and thats all they had at the lhs and I had no clue what I needed hehe. I'm just happy I can actually go out and run the Maxx instead of just trying to get the damn thing to run :hammer:

Just went back into the LHS today and Traxxas 20 is back up to $30 :doh: Man I love living in Alaska but we just get F-ed on shipping!

if your gonna get hosed on shipping constantly, you might as well move to hawaii.

lol no kidding at least there you get lots of sun and bikinis :drool:

akmadmaxx said:
Just went back into the LHS today and Traxxas 20 is back up to $30 :doh: Man I love living in Alaska but we just get F-ed on shipping!
I just bought a Gallon of Trinity Monster brew 20% and that was $30 and I'm in Mn... Or you talkin $30 a guart? I havnt got to run with the Trinity yet, cuz I'm still burning the Top fuel up, but Ill keep ya posted how I like it.

Back