My new family member

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
With all the flooding thats going on one of the shelters was in desperate need of homes for their pets. They got flooded out and sent all their animals to pet shops in the county one of witch is next to my store. We decided to give this little girl a temporary or maybe a permanent home.

Shes 3 months old and is some kind of Terrier mixed with a Border Collie? Shelty? who knows.

Look at my nose, I met my brother the cat about 20 minutes ago.
DSC00716.jpg

Yes its a F-N sweater on the dog. I'm not happy about it either but she came with it and likes it.
DSC00718.jpg

She follows me around the house and any time I stop she will sleep on my feet. Even if its only for a minute. All I can say is the wife wont be yelling at me for dribbling on the floor.

DSC00709.jpg

Cute little dog. Bet she is pretty smart too. You'll soon fall in love and won't be able to get rid of her.

Worse part will be the first few weeks. Watch where ya step bro. Especially first thing in the morning with those bare feet.

She's a real cutie Ed, especially in your sweater. :)

Hope your cat lets you keep her.

OMG I just put her in the little dog house and shut the door. I can't believe one animal can sound so pitiful.

The sweater WILL GO SOON! I'm not up for dressing a dog.

FastEddy said:
OMG I just put her in the little dog house and shut the door. I can't believe one animal can sound so pitiful.
I would probably be fighting with the ol lady about that time. She would have it sleeping in the bed and I would be on the couch.

That's awesome Ed... I mean that you won't need to bend over to wipe up the dribble anymore! LOL Cool looking doggie you got yourself there... she'll look good hanging out the window of your Benz!!!

Thats cool as hell Eddie! I have a Rat Terrier whos a little over two years old. He did the same thing when he was younger. Such cool dogs. I know youll love him and youll keep em. Whats his name? Ole also has a sweater, a santas jacket, a leather bikers jacket, a harley Davidson hat, some antlers and a santas hat.. I dunno either..lol..

Kennel train the dog now Ed. The crying will stop once the dog knows her place.

I'm researching Puppy Training methods right now. So many different way to it....

We have a cat named Mau-Me Direct translation from Mandarin is "CAT" so I believe we will call her GoGo Direct translation "DOG"

She went to sleep after about 15 minutes. Good thing, My wife was starting to cry.

The thing that worked for Ole was to put him in his Kennel and then put a blanket over the top of it. He whined for about 5 minutes then was fast asleep. He eventually learned to love his little kennel and we would open the door and hed stroll out at about noon. Now he just sleeps at the foot of my bed, but man.. when he was a pup hes lucky he didnt get shot..lol.. Just a thing to keep in mind, if ya have heated floors (wirsbo) DONT put the blanket over then kennel. Good way to cook a dog.

FastEddy said:
I'm researching Puppy Training methods right now. So many different way to it....

We have a cat named Mau-Me Direct translation from Mandarin is "CAT" so I believe we will call her GoGo Direct translation "DOG"

She went to sleep after about 15 minutes. Good thing, My wife was starting to cry.

If you want it, I have an ebook on pup training... shoot me a PM, and I'll forward it to ya.

thats a good thing you did to start the new year. taking in a dog even if it might be temperary.
my mom got a dog from a friend of hers a while back when i still had my cat. as soon as my cat saw the dog all hell broke loose. the cat beat the hell out the dog. I'm talking about making it fall down the steps ,eating it food. which is why we had to give the dog back.
hope all goes well. i will try to find some sites to help you out abit.

here are some i thought were good let me know if anyone helped you out
http://www.perfectpaws.com/pupstuff.html
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=C&C=228&S=1
http://www.placervillevet.com/puppy_care_and_training.htm

hope these help you a bit.

FastEddy said:

Wife's border terrier was crate and clicker trained. Worked really well.

Nice Ed, looks just like you! Pretty cool thing you did there. I'm not an animal freak by any means (I enjoy hunting and eating them as much as the next guy) but everyone always forgets in times of disaster or crisis they can not fend for themselves and need help. She's cute, hope you keep her.

Cool dog...but do you know her approximate size/weight when she'll be about 2(When they stop growing pretty much)? I love any kind of dog(as I own two myself), but I'm not a fan of those rats. They always bite my dog's heels. For getting her to stop crying...we never had that problem. Our dogs always slept under my parents bed, and never has a problem. Although it helps if they know you're there...in the room that thier in. The only downfall of this is she might develope seperation anxioty.

Nice looking mix. Looks like a winner, Ed. We put our 16 year old Springer to sleep about a month and half ago. Told my wife we are out of the dog business for awhile. Last weekend she orders up from a breeder a puppy, a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Go figure.

NTW, Ed, ever notice how similar "brother" and "dog" sound in Mandarin?

Your a good man for fostering one in need.
Look at the crate training method. Nothing works better or faster. It will require a crate and an extra bag of treats. I've got lots of experience with this.
We've adopted 2 and rescued one in the past 6 months.

Thats a cute puppy Eddy!!! I just got one aswell!

StrechM! Whats up man!? havent been on here in a while eh?

Not much in the way of RC activity this year. We've been concentrating on working harder and taking more vacations this year. I still check in from time to time.

Back