My New DHK Wolf2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxeRC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently ordered the Wolf2 from DHK Hobby. I picked it up from RCHobbyExplosion. It arrived last sunday and today I finally got to swapping electronics and running it.

I swapped out the brushed esc and motor with a GoolRC brushless combo. It consists of a 3900kv 4pole motor and a 60amp esc. The servo is still stock. The reciever is a RadioLink R6FG. This buggy is amazing. It handles much like that of my sct's and has a smooth feel to it.

For under $200.00 USD you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
I recently ordered the Wolf2 from DHK Hobby. I picked it up from RCHobbyExplosion. It arrived last sunday and today I finally got to swapping electronics and running it.

I swapped out the brushed esc and motor with a GoolRC brushless combo. It consists of a 3900kv 4pole motor and a 60amp esc. The servo is still stock. The reciever is a RadioLink R6FG. This buggy is amazing. It handles much like that of my sct's and has a smooth feel to it.

For under $200.00 USD you can't go wrong.
I have videos of mine on my Youtube channel:
I recently turned it into a monster buggy by swapping to the tires and wheels from a Redcat Racing Volcano. I also swapped the weak stock wing mount for the one from the DHK Raz-R/Zombie 8E. This is my build thread for it: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...z-r2-cage-r-wing-upgrade.129630/#post-1275119

Interesting. How is yours holding up?
Very well. I am extremely hard on my cars, and all of my DHK stuff seems to hold up extremely well. I have a Wolf 2, 2 Hunters, a Raz-R (original, not the Raz-R 2), a Cage-R, and a Zombie 8E that i just received a week ago. Some of the things i like most about the DHK stuff is just how durable they are, how cheap parts are when something does break, how interchangeable parts are between models, and how easily they handle upgrades. The only issues i have had with my Wolf 2 was the wing mount, which is why i switched to the Raz-R/Zombie 8E wing mount, and the screws that hold the input gears for the diff's onto the shaft. The screw that holds the pinion gear onto the shaft for the diff's (the shafts are exactly the same front and rear), tends to come loose, so after the second time mine did it, i used blue Loc-Tite on the screw, and it hasnt come loose in about a year. Its the same wing mount i used when i did my frankensteined Hunter build. One other "issue" if you will with the Wolf 2 are the wheels. If you ever plan to switch to aftermarket wheels, you will need the axle ends and hexes from the Raz-R 2. The wheels for the Wolf 2 have 6MM axle holes, and larger nuts, and aftermarket wheels wont fit the stock axles. If you look through my monster build, it has the part numbers for the axles and hexes. The axles will drop right in the Wolf 2 hubs, so you dont have to worry about swapping hubs or bearings, although, i do recommend picking up a rubber shielded bearing kit for it. You can get them on eBay for around $20 shipped.

Cool to hear. Thanks for the tips. I love my Hunter and Wolf. I have enjoying the Hunter for years now. I have yet to break anything.

I have a Wolf 2, 2 Hunters, a Raz-R (original, not the Raz-R 2), a Cage-R, and a Zombie 8E that i just received a week ago.

Where did you buy your Wolf 2 brushless. I can't find it anywhere. Do you think local shops would have it or am I missing somewhere online to order it? Also, does it need any conversion to run Lipos? What battery connector would it have for running LIpos?

I see they are selling a Wolf 2 BL which is a brushless version of the brushed Wolf 2.

Back