My New Baby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I picked up a new Twin Hammers RTR yesterday and went through it to check to make sure that everything was tight and that Loctite was used where needed. I also switched from the brushed 15t to a 3500 kV brushless that was listed as an upgrade.

Here are the pics showing some flex of the little beast:

20140730_173727_zpsoyk9uks8.jpg

20140730_173742_zpsdzz2hlca.jpg

20140730_173717_zps4k48nqnb.jpg

20140730_173659_zps94qfrbgq.jpg

This all with the other three on the ground. I've got to recalibrate the ESC and then we're off to the bashing site...

I'm putting it back together after having to check to see if I had the ESC plugged in right. Getting ready to go and beat on it.

UPDATE:

It's a fun little critter. The high is fast enough to move well off road and to pick up the inside wheel when accelerating into a turn. Low gear is low enough to do some minor crawling. It won't hang with a true MOA crawler, but it will hang with most other scalers out there. I tried to climb the curb, but couldn't quite get the rear over the hump because the lower links were getting hung up. I will get it figured out and have some real fun. My only complaint is that it uses the "mini" sized battery packs (similar sized to the ones I use in mERV) so it doesn't run quite as long other scalers.

Last edited:
New update: Let there be light!

Adding some driving lights to the existing simulated buckets amd a pair of tail lights so I can see where it's going after dusk. I'll post some pics after I'm finished...

Nope, not dark yet...

20140808_164333_zpsaudbrxcr.jpg

20140808_164344_zpsjwfx8tmn.jpg

(Pictures of the installed lights and buckets.)

Oh hell yes hamz thats phunominal!!! I smell more burning funds haha, you going to Currie the rear and do the shock hoop IFS conversion instead of the Revo pushbar style? Hopefully we see this rig in the dirt since I never saw ur SCX anywhere but on ur 1:1.. :)

Since I'm usually out running by myself, I can't video them. I did however have it in the dirt shortly after the first set of pics. I usually am having too much fun to stop for still pics...

It actually has some dirt on the tires from the last run. I'm gonna try a run closer to dusk with the lights on so it can light it up...
@Rolex must be confusing the Twin Hammers here with his Savvy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lights out:

20140808_203555_zpsz2i2kmep.jpg

On the rub @ dusk:

20140808_203433_zpssmgllz3i.jpg

Blinded by the lights:

20140808_203409_zpsly72udhk.jpg

Barking up a tree:

20140808_203718_zps0jovju3p.jpg

Sorry about the quality, but the camera phone doesn't like the in-between light of dusk.

Last edited:
I thought all the pictures of his rigs were taken from the parking lot of a psychiatric hospital......:p:

The real question is how he got the camera phone in there.........no wait, I got it, patient or visitor?:hehe:

Nice twin hammers, the lights are killer.:D

I thought all the pictures of his rigs were taken from the parking lot of a psychiatric hospital......:p:

The real question is how he got the camera phone in there.........no wait, I got it, patient or visitor?:hehe:

Nice twin hammers, the lights are killer.:D

As to patient or visitor... yes!

Got the suit on the driver painted so it doesn't look so "stock" and got a second battery for it ready to go. Now I need to decide whether to get the inner workings for an SCX-10 axle for an upgrade to the Vantage SCX-10 aluminum housing or to stay with the stock. The stock is about 2" wider than the SCX-10...

Actually the stock is only about 1/2" wider than the Vanquish housing. I'm also thinking of getting a different color scheme on a wrap for it so it doesn't look like the rest of them out there...

Never saw this thread, congrats on the rig Hamz. Those things look so dang good right out of the box.

Back