My Monday With EMTs & The Jaws Of Life..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I was at work when I got the call nobody wants to get...

"Your mom has been involved in a serious car accident and is in pretty bad shape! She lost control of her car and wrapped it around a telephone pole."

So frantically ran out of work to get to my moms crash scene to find them using the jaws of life hacking her car open so they could pry her from the cab that had been crushed pinning her in.
jaqa6a2y.jpg
ha9yguve.jpg
ebyre3y2.jpg
6yha8y5u.jpg
e5u6avap.jpg

So taking over an hour to free her, worried about her vitals they had to bring life flight in to fly her to the hospital.. She was alert, stable and concious and after 5 hours of ER joy she came out with a few lacerations and bruised bones and face, which is lucky because the EMT said if the 24" impact was 6-8" farther back it would have been fatal...

And yeah thats my Monday...

Man Loring so glad she made it out of that!

Glad she's doing good.

How fast was she going? What made her lose control?

Thanks guys, id guess 40-45, she went around a light bend and went off a tad into the soft shoulder, she tried to correct back and overcorrected it, the ash end whipped around 180* and WHAM!

Glad to hear your mom is safe. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Glad your mom is okay. Mine drives a Jetta like that, too, and I worry about her driving out with the bubbas in East Texas...

Wow, what a day. I'm really glad to hear she'll be alright. I can't believe how much of the car they had to cut away.

After seeing those pics she is very lucky and I'm glad to hear she will be ok! Cars today are just amazing, they take that kind of impact and do a good job of spreading all of that energy away from the passengers.