My MGT project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8.0 tranny is different as well. Rival is the same truck except the axle stubs and hexes, transmission and chassis, and center CVDs are different lengths.

I think that all the center shafts fit each other from the 21 ,28 ,an 50!

The 8.0 uses a snap ring to go around the hubs of the axles so the pins stay in ,but still should
fit its counter parts!
I think the only thing that changed on the tranny ,was the spur output shaft & spur set up ,dont
know about the internal gears though as I never got my hands on that tranny!

Thunder Tiger went in cahoots with AE. A lot of their parts interchange!

In fact ,that 8.0 ,50 size engine is nothing more than a Thunder tiger helicopter engine ,the engine
is nothing new ,its been around long time before it was put in a truck ,it needs to stay in a freakin
helicopter!...LOL

Last edited:
Also I might add ,these trucks make an awesome format for a brushless set up ,its been done
with great success ,with tran.s or with out!

This is a forum friends converted 8.0 to a brushless on another forum!

Vids.

the 8.0 axles are def different. they have a bigger ball and pin and hub

I've seen a Traxxis converted to Brushless and 4 NIMH battery packs, it was almost impossible to keep tires on the thing. I know nothing about Brushless motors, so I would have to educate myself on whats what.
I do prefer electric over nitro for the power and noise. Not all neighbors like the sound of a 2-stroke!

I have to have engine sound box on my cars. Won't drive without one. Went to hell and back getting one to work on Rustler 4x4.

You should have heard the MGT running on %80+ nitro! We couldn't go %100 because you have to have alcohol and oil. I would have to crank the engine on 30% the switch to 80% and richen the crap out of it in order to keep the engine temp down. It would go thru the factory MGT fuel tank in almost 6 min if I'm remembering right. It would poor fuel out the exhaust but it was a monster! The sound was completely different!

It wouldn't do me any good to have a 1/5 scale Losi... I have already thought about how I could turn one of those Rovan engines into a nitro engine.

Back