My Little Girl's First R/C, Thanks to the Peeps at RCNT!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangMan

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been screwing together a Tamiya TB-02 electric 1/10th touring car kit I got super cheap for my daughter. She's always wanting to use dad's nitro RS4, but just turning 10 the speeds were a bit much for her and I wanted something she could just "turn on and run" even if I wasn't home. :ponder2:

So, I found this Tamiya cheap. Never put a kit together before. Wasn't bad at all but I had no electronics. A friend at work gave me an old Blazer radio with HPI Rx from his Rush. Then I scored a servo from Racin_38, an ESC from Retarded Pilot, and a switch from Jon2. Thanks to the generosity of my friends here I was able to get her up and running late Friday night and here she is learning to drive her first electric on Saturday morning. :bow:

I've still got to paint the body and get it trimmed, but she's having a blast! Thanks to my good friends at RCNT! Pass the word! :cheers:

Her_First_RC1.jpg

Her_First_RC2.jpg

Very nice!
The guy's here are great.
I hope she has fun with her new ride.

thats awesome man get them started when there young we got to have someone to carry this hobby into the future when were all crotchity old farts LOL!

Last edited:
Thats a cool lil story. Brought a tear to my eye..hehe.. Yeah thats way cool shes into Rc already. Shouldnt be to long till youll have to buy another Rs4 for her..What ya gonna do with the lid as far as paint? Be sure to post up some pics!

Pretty soon, she'll be the one telling the "old man" how to set up his car! At least, now you have someone to help carry the stuff to the car during race day.

She wants a "punch buggy".... :D

So, it's either going to be a HPI Beetle RSi or the Parma New Beetle...

Their both 200mm so I'll have to get some wheel spacers or offset wheels...

Thanks for the comments. She's thrilled she can race with daddy (and I keep the RS4 out of second gear!)

Pretty soon it will be a 19 turn motor, sport packs, and foams! he he!!!

My 12 year old boy has his own RS4 and he can tune himself and everything, she was feeling left out. Now I need to save up for an electric truck for the wife and we'll all be in the fun!

Thanks guys!

good show, that will be wrenchin u'll actually enjoy. i know my pop never frowned upon b'g pitman and chief mechanic for me at that age.

only bad part was when i took him to a race earlier this yr. hadnt gone in a while as i didnt do this stuff for years. it was also nitro (always raced electrics), so he couldnt do much. felt wierd. yeh good to have him there, but didnt feel quite as good as the old days.

i think thats what i've got to the point where i have 2 nitro stadiums (1 losi RTR2 and the AD2), i think 2 wks from now i'll take him up to the track to race, and just pull out the spare truck and 'here go warmup, set ur carb. i signed u up for the novice class, channel 78'. hehe

good times

-Ult

My 8year old has a mini-T and every time she runs it, after 10 mins she asks me to play w/ it and do th elittle jump out front...of course that's when it decides it's time to break...so daddy has a 2-0 breaking run on the lil bugger now.......I'm guessing the 3 times the charm and I can't use it anymore....at least when she's around, heh heh heh

Same here. She's learning to drive, but she's having a hard time with the EMF braking. She's been slamming it into reverse instead. She also has a little trouble when the car is coming AT her (steering)...

She loves it when I take it for a spin and do 180s with it and so forth. I'm thinking she'd love some drift wheels and slidin' :D

Awesome story, I hope to get my little holding a controller soon.

I recently picked up a RC18MT and made the excuse to my wife that it was for our 8 1/2 month old daughter (same excuse for the PTI Goliath LOL). At first she was scared of it when I drove close to her but now she is fascinated by it whenever I drive it around. She doesn't take her eyes off it as I drive in loops around her. I'm going to find a 2 stick transmitter and get her playing with the Goliath in the next few months.

Kids joining dads hobbies is great, I've just bought a slot track for my little girl, she is still to small for a r/c, just 3 years old, but is great to have something to play with her , just a little tired of sand soup, mud cokies and smashed snails xD. Now I'm looking for a VW beattle to paint with a Power Puffy Girls scheme.

My girl used to be into power puffs, she wants her Beetle in bright pink metallic, not sure of graphics yet. She likes Bratz dolls, might do something with them or an image out of her pre-teen kids magazine and that picture glue stuff...

For now she's driving sans lid and learning things like transmitter on first and off last. :D

How cool is that!!

My daughters couldn't care less about my "stupid little toy cars"
The wife just shakes her head....

Same here, My wifes hates it- says it's too loud. it's a great thing to see an entire family having fun doing the same thing. Awesome job bro. Obviously rasing your kids the right way.

Hey MustangMan If you pay the body I do a free Bratz painting for you ;) , this can be funny.

cool deal man ,,
she looks very very happy running her new rc glad to be a little help to you
that smile was worth it
take care

Kazi, thanks but I don't know when I'll be getting the Beetle body just yet. She's still enjoying learning to drive!

Racin- Thanks again for your help. Hope all is well with you.

i go thursday for a consult with a surgeon to see when i am going in for surgery .
so thank you and ttyl

Back