My junky paint jobs....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Need to find pics of others I have attempted...but here are a few. I'll post more as I attempt more stuff. lol Only got 3 bodies under my belt so far...and still learning my darn airbrush setup. Nothing great here, but maybe as I get he hang of it....they will improve.

Very first paint job - Rattle Can
DSCN2507.jpg

Very first Airbrush Job - Had Liquid Mask issues on the windows :-( Roof and lower sides is an interior sticker though.

DSCN0522.jpg

Here is my current D8 Body. Airbrushed again, but I forgot to take pics when I got done. This body wasn't made for the D8....so I made it fit ;-) This one came out the best so far, but the throttle linkage rubbed some paint off already.

BullDog Body for my D8 is up next in line for some paint....just need an idea for it.

DSCN1272.jpg

Those look good bro, nice job.

Thanks sng. I kinda liked the one I did for my D8...minus a few goofs here and there. I may do the same to my BullDog with some tweaks. Just gotta get the hang of this airbrush. The Metallic paints seem to clog it now and again....seems like some of the non metallics do too. I'll get the hang of it!

Are you using a compressor? Thinning your paints out? Too low of pressure will cause it to clog sometimes.

Yeah I have a Craftsman 1HP Compressor with regulator. I've tried spraying anywhere from 30-50psi I believe. Not thinning them though....which I thought may be causing my issues.

Bump up your pressure. Parma Faskolor, for example, is recommended to be sprayed at about 70psi, without thinning.

Bump up your pressure. Parma Faskolor, for example, is recommended to be sprayed at about 70psi, without thinning.

Hmmm....I'll give it a whirl. I've got some practice stuff to spray anyway.

Here's another...a few screw ups...but hey. It was free for a buddy of mine ;-)

DSCN1408.jpg

DSCN1407.jpg

Here is my latest Truggy Body. Not horrid, but the flames were too thin...and I had pressure issues with the shading so it's spotty at best. The Carbon Fiber in the rear came out pretty cool though! The front....well my mask lifted a little so it came out semi-blurry.

Learning something new with each body I tackle though!

DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1917.jpg

DSCN1921.jpg

Those all look pretty good to me...
This was one of my paint schemes:
2004-0401-21MaxxInTheBag.jpg

LOL! When it looks like that, then it's "JUNKY". Just letting you know because apparently, your unaware of what CRAP actually looks like! ;)

haha Nice olds! I like the armor all in the bag next to it ;-) I'm still learning....airbrushing fine details takes some serious practice I guess.

Back