My HPI rs4 3 evo+ thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J0edm

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all, i'm new to the nitro scene, used to have a HPI baja 5b but regrettably sold it.

So anyway, i bought a second hand hpi rs4.. i've stripped it down and rebuilt it, replaced alot of parts. I'm planning on drifting it :)

Parts I've added:

Stronger dif gears.
Graphite gearbox set.
Graphite shock towers.
Graphite upper deck.
18ss engine(while i rebuild my t3.0).
Super drift tyres.
Alloy steering system.
Plus loads more i can't remember.

Next things will be new bodyshell with lightbuckets.
New clutch system.
TSAIS rear exhaust.
Super chassis (probably one of those GPM ones).
Get my t30 running well.

Some pics:

IMG_1621_zps9af30d9d.jpg

IMG_1620_zpsd7dfb259.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsa98e6eb1.jpg

IMG_1624_zpsf38d4f99.jpg

IMG_1625_zpsdce86a79.jpg

So went out for a drift today, a screw came out the pull start, so they need threadlocker, my exhaust was leaking fuel(thats why fuel is all over engine see pics below) so i tightened the system warm.

IMG_1649_zpsd0fa24b5.jpg

IMG_1650_zps684beac8.jpg

IMG_1651_zps612356cb.jpg

IMG_1652_zps11d63c6e.jpg

IMG_1654_zps4dd08377.jpg

What ya'll think. Thanks

Also, i doesn't seem to steer too well, any suggestions on suspension/height setup to get it to be more responsive?!

I have the same car and new to nitro also lol check out my thread lol

try lostening the screws a little on the top and bottom fo the steering rods may help also are you using the 8 or 10 degree it will tell you on the part

Ohhh nice Evo man, I had a 3 evo with the stage D drift kit on it and it looked very similar to your rig their, same chassis and suspension setup..

Those wheels that reprasent the 1:1 Volk TE37 wheels are by far my favorite wheels, color too!

Good lookin car they are a BLAST!

its to bad they discontinued the drift conversion i looked for days for that kit

^^Agreed, it was a solid ground up graphite upgrade and looked killer!! Let me go through.me 1.5k photobucket pics and find it. I miss that car and its.been gone for like 2-3 years lol..

This was right after I got it and started open heart surgery on her.
P1040394.jpg

P1040396.jpg

And then my browser crashes.... Theres an idea of what the Stage D conversion looks like, just wish HPI would choose a differant color scheme for their products....

Thanks for the feedback guys. You can still pickup the drift nitro car second hand on eBay sometimes, I'm half tempted, but I don't like the purple either..!

Te37 are no doubt my favourite wheel, they look great!

New parts added are heavy duty drive cups, adjustable tie rods and threaded shocks :)

---------- Post added at 3:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 3:45 AM ----------

I mean the nitro drift car, not the stage d kit, never seen one at all

Hpi t.30 nitro star engine problem

HI guys,

Can anybodey help me with the nesxt problem,
I have an tamiya tg10 mk2 with an Hpi nitro star t.30 engine mounted on it, It was running quit right for a whil, the only problem now is that It is not running anymore, The engine is running but its not turning the wheel, so its accelorating but the shaft is not turning, can anybody help me?, thanks,

Kind regards,

Bram Pietersen

First check to see if the brake isn't constantly on. Then spin all the wheels to see if all the wheels move freely, with engine off. It should all be nice and tight but no knocks or catches.

If that's okay, then checkout your clutch, it could be worn shoes or just the clutch bell screw too loose, use thread locker and make it nice and right.

Last edited:
Dont have pics with me but i Have vids on mY RS4-3 with ported 18tz and a carbon fiber chassis

I love the Hpi RS4, and really loving you'rs (I love the carbon fibre (Woven graphite) looks), but I'm a HPI fanboy :p To improve steering I'd replace the stock SF-10W servo's, they're pretty weak- mine failed within two weeks. I'd also think about foam tires if you're into top speed :)

Back