My fun sunday

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was organizing the hobby room today put up some wood shelves, no problem there. They look nice displaying my rc's or just my on road as it's the only one clean to display right now. Moved onto some glass shelves for the wifes make up/craft room/massive candle collection storage room. Now I told her I don't think glass is a good idea, well after putting them up I start packing up my tools. I find a piece of plastic on the floor, it looked like the set screw holding the glass in place (plastic set screw sounds pretty stupid but I guess it's so the glass doesn't break) while I turn to see the glass slide right out. While a spent 3 hours in the E.R. Stitches in 2 spots totalling 10 altogether, and the doctor removed 20 small glass shards from my legs. Luckily I was wearing shoes as I had to run to keep the dog out of the room.

So that was my fun day, I got a lipo charging now andthen I'm off to the walmart parking lot for maybe some fun today.

Thats why we can't have nice things.

:D

That's whats crazy it was tempered glass! The shards in my leg were tiny, but I'm guessing the bigger deeper cuts were from bigger chunks that hadn't completely shattered.

Man your lucky! Glad to hear it didn't sideline you for too long.

Sideline me? Crap I was forced to go to the E.R.! All I wanted was some tweezers and band aids.
I did get lucky though, it could've been worse. Thanks

Then your like the rest of us up here, "rub some dirt on it and finish the game!"....lol

Grew up playing hockey buddy! Still play to this day, twice a week. Can't be weak and play hockey, it's not like soccer.

Damn rights brother. My arena is like 5mins from my house if I run, so I've been playing since they set the ice a week and a half ago. Just pick up games, we have a men's league with some other construction and oilfield companies, last night they were trying to vote no contact for the season, it's a good thing the nays won that lil battle. Couldn't imagine wearing a stop sign on my back. Nobody hits that hard anyway, I've been hit harder at the gym, where we wrestle, "I have a buddy that practices MMA he likes to beat me up, he says I'll get better, and I say I hope so cause I think I've got getting beat up to an exact science"

I play in a pick up league type thing every Sunday, it's a co-ed league so no contact, and the thing that bothers me the most is no slap shots. I don't understand that one, I've been whined at for snap shots in that league. We start back up in 2 weeks. I'm right near a reserve and lacrosse is huge here so I'm not even sure if they've set the ice yet.

I also play Saturday mornings in a mens league, it's no contact as well but believe me you wouldn't think it if you watched a game. A lot of the guys in the league are lousy and it's a hoot to blow right past them, but they get chippy and like to use their sticks. Usually I'm 3 nice slashes and I'm playing defense, cause these guys can't keep they're head up well handling the puck. If you've slashed me and you cross that blue line with your head down you're now going to pay. Refs usually let go cause they've seen the slash and know it's payback. They'll start calling everything if they thing the games getting out of hand.
By far the dirtiest men's league I've ever played in. But that's small town hockey in Canada for you. I used to play in a contact industrial league when I was living in Toronto and this non contact league gets rougher then that.

Back