My first paint project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nenecrane

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
The very first time I’m painting an rc anything so let’s see I’m nervous but at the same time it’s clear and boring compared to the bodies my buggy came with so let’s see how this goes fingers crossed

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0362.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

First coat of white dried so added a bit of glitter white so far I’m pretty happy it’s coming out the way I’m hoping it would

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
You're using the wrong paint, you need to use sprayed on polycarbonate paint in a spray can or airbrush.

Actually, I used to brush on acrylic paints on my 32nd scale slot car lexan bodies. That was 30 years ago, and I think I still have them somewhere around here. But it worked fine. You can't see the brush strokes when it's done. You just have to give it 2 or 3 coats to cover.

Oh, and my Kyosho buggies drivers were brushed.
20221118_191735.jpg

20221122_163337.jpg

You're using the wrong paint, you need to use sprayed on polycarbonate paint in a spray can or airbrush.
We dont let her near anything sprayable, because more of it would end up on her, the house, the 1:1 car, the neighbors house, basically anywhere but the RC body. I have pics somewhere where she tried to paint a wooden outdoor bench green, and, I've never seen grass that color green in my life, even after putting cardboard down under the bench.

You need to get her an airbrush and a booth. It's much easier to keep all the paint in one place. And it keeps you from having designer grass and cardboard 😜

Oh I haven’t added The pink yet lol but just ask biggman100 pink does go faster lol

I think you need to have biggman get you a new body so you can paint it to match. This is the very first time I have ever seen glitter used in an RC paintjob. Very cool.

Oh, I missed the black and blue body. It looks better on that one 😉

I think you need to have biggman get you a new body so you can paint it to match. This is the very first time I have ever seen glitter used in an RC paintjob. Very cool.

Oh, I missed the black and blue body. It looks better on that one 😉
She finds her own parts. I gave up even being a part of that a long time ago, because she takes forever to decide what she wants, so, I let her figure it out, and, the first time I see it is when the package arrives in the mail.

The body came painted as for the wing I got bored but with me everything must have sparkles SPARKLE SPARKEL HEEEEEEEY lol the only reason biggman knew I bought the mini before it got here was because I told him he was trying to get me to buy something else or something I don’t remember lol

She finds her own parts. I gave up even being a part of that a long time ago, because she takes forever to decide what she wants, so, I let her figure it out, and, the first time I see it is when the package arrives in the mail.
I’m the exact opposite. Find the part number and bring the list to Hobby Town and have them be amazed at how organized I am. Lol

I’m the exact opposite. Find the part number and bring the list to Hobby Town and have them be amazed at how organized I am. Lol
We don’t have a local hobby shop unfortunately or I would try the same but probably only once because after the first time I’d have to buy all new notebooks and pens which is definitely saying something for me lol

Back