My first drift. And i have to say. It took me a while but i get it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidtwist

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Little chinese $78 brushed mini-z competitor. Saw a video on youtube and it looked fun. Bought one for a different project and the speed impressed me. Got a long wheelbase. Wltoy 969 variant i think 184131 or something. Darn fast. Darn fun. Took several oof impacts befor broke an upper a-arm. See an alloy chassis on amazon and alloy parts. But think if ima put money into 1/28th should just get a mini-z. But $. Any thoughts? Alloy chassis says 139$ which is less than a mini-z and if i upgrade electronics and do brushless this thing would tear. But mini-z. I mean never had and its a “must try” right?

image.jpg

If you've done plenty of driving on this one, no need to upgrade stuff that hasn't broke. I would love to grab a couple Mini Z's myself someday.

You were drifting with those rubber tires?

On linoleum and hardwood floors yeah
The motor get hot as heck but hasnt died and it came with a bunch or diff gears havent played with
And cenent garage floor. I mean no course just digging into corners and donuts

The cheapie car I got from Amazon came with both rubber tires and plastic ones. Wow, drifting was so much easier with the plastic ones.
Try some plastic ones.

This one cane with thinner rubber tires. I was just gonna wrap with electrical tape to start. Very very new to drifting. I mean a 4spd and a big block prolly have more time behind. Even on forza i suuuuuuck. Ill try. Prolly keep motor cooler. Ill look up wheels n tires too. Any generic set or any reccomendations?

Remember the old 1st generation Xmods when Radio Shack was still around? I had several. I built one up that had a top speed of 51 MPH. Fast for such a tiny car.
I'd like to get a MiniZ, just not sure which one.

The Mini-Z isn't a drift car. Really, it's a track car.
Got it, thanks. but he said he was drifting with his mini z.
BTW, couldn't you just change the tires and boom, a drift car or are they too small?

Got it, thanks. but he said he was drifting with his mini z.
BTW, couldn't you just change the tires and boom, a drift car or are they too small?
Oh, yeah you are correct 🤪

Drifting with smaller cars is a lot more challenging. At least it has been for me. But I have only driven a 1/10 drift once, but it wasn't too bad. The small stuff I have drifted around our kitchen was a little tougher. But yeah, you can set one up as a drift car. If you get the traction just right, it should do just fine.

Yeah for me a bachelor level of dust on a wooden floor is perfect to chalk up rubber tires. Esp with basset/shar-pei fur. I never tried drift tires and think theyre kinda like cheating. But i can see where the rounded tread body would make transitions over floor bumps easier. Idk. can't hurt anything other than wallet to try. But I'm on a spending hold till next expense check.
. I saw this and was like yeah ill give it a try. Also where i learned about fpv lol

Got drift wheels coming. Nice rounded sidewall ones. And gonna try to make this body work. Its heavy but with optional long wheelbase holes only have to trim front openings a bit. Gonna wait till drift wheels come to hack body. Think ill try a furitek after i burn out all the stock parts i have. And would like to squeeze a bigger battery in. Also have a gyro id like to try. Only used once before on a highspeed guy to help try to keep stable. Never tried with drifting.

142EBD27-6045-4799-8827-6411EDF842D5.jpeg

D12531C2-957D-4636-ADC3-4C2F41FFF82B.jpeg

59BD260F-7CEF-4A16-999F-A7B46E121CB3.jpeg

That is a good looking body with those wheels. Some lights on it would make it look really scale.

Yeah i noticed some of the lights could be lit
Only back lights easy… take it back might be able to drill buckets
These wheels coming tomorrow
Didnt know what body was working when i ordered wheels. Have a diecast christine id love to see drifting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 311ED76E-27E7-4F0B-9837-FC57C2A4FC75.jpeg
    311ED76E-27E7-4F0B-9837-FC57C2A4FC75.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 33
Back