Must see!!!!Sad day at the drag strip, I think I'm going to hurl!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Some friends of the family have a automotive shop called Cuz we Can,where the work on everything from classic cars to a alcohol injected dragster. They have been working on this Vette dragster for 8 months and basical rebuilt the entire car. They just installed the engine which cost the customer 25 grand!! The guy got 3 passes in it with the new engine and all hell broke loose. The car lost traction and went insane, hit the wall over 130 mph. This is what is left of it very sad. The driver escaped with a couple broken ribs and will be fine. The car on the other hand is demolished. Luckly he had insurance on it and is already looking for a new car. By the way this was a 8 second alcohol injected car!!!! With around almost 1000 hp

Before
red9uc.jpg

And after :( :puke: :puke: :puke:

red23py.jpg

red39tz.jpg

red45zv.jpg

red55hz.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch! Good to hear the driver will be ok. Sucks for the car though.

looks like a few a arms and a bulk head and you will be back in business maby a motor mount and you will need a new body.. just remember to go with t-6 aluminum so you dont break it again.. :jk: glad to hear he came out ok.. just shows how good of a job the shop did.. 130mph to 0 mph with help of a concrete barrier isnt fun.. but the car held up very were concidering the impact

Last edited:
oh damn i think id be crying about now if that ever happened to my ride, its a good thing he had it insured the engine alone is a good chunk of $$$ not to mention the rest of the car, i wonder how much a couple of ribs cost!

Looks to me like the engine is in ok cond... The valve covers are a little dented, and the headers are mangled... but the internals are fine...

.21Rc10GT said:
Looks to me like the engine is in ok cond... The valve covers are a little dented, and the headers are mangled... but the internals are fine...
I dont know it blew all the oil out and everything got shoved into the engine instantly and made it stop instantly from Wot.Which could have snapped the crank and pretty much destroyed it. There is no way of telling untill its been torn down,but doesn't really matter the insurance company will probally take the entire car and give him a nice amount to replace the entire car. The most important part is that the driver is ok, I have met him and hes a really nice guy. He loved that car the poor guy must have wanted to sit down and just cry lmao!

You are not what you own......I'd have gotten out and kissed the ground and everyone who helped get me out...

Plaidfish said:
You are not what you own......I'd have gotten out and kissed the ground and everyone who helped get me out...
Thats the truth,if it was I would be in big trouble lol I dont have much and thats cool I have my family and thats what matters. I too have gotten out of a wreck and felt the same way. When I was 18 I hit a telephone pole going over 50 mph (Black ice is a biotch) and I wasn't wearing a seat belt very stupid and all that happened to me was split my bottom lip in two and knocked out my front teeth. I was very luck the car was a 69 Plymouth a tank probally the only reason I diddnt get hurt worse. I was so happy to still be alive!!!

It's always sad to see a wreck at the track. Wether it's a pro mod or someones daily driver it's always a little upsetting to see. People put everything they have into these machines and alot of heart and soul as well. Then to just see it destroyed....
I guess it's one of the risks of racing though. I'm glad the driver is alright.

Rex2342 said:
It's always sad to see a wreck at the track. Wether it's a pro mod or someones daily driver it's always a little upsetting to see. People put everything they have into these machines and alot of heart and soul as well. Then to just see it destroyed....
I guess it's one of the risks of racing though. I'm glad the driver is alright.
Yeah its just a bummer I think it total he only did mabe 10 runs total and 3 where with the brand new motor. I was at the shop when they started it up and it was INSANE That thing would shake the entire building. If you stood next to it you could feel the compression banging against you seriously! It was sooooo loud it made my ears ring.

I'm guessing he only runs headers them huh? My neighbor builds race cars... they sound awesome without the mufflers...

HOLY poop MAN. Ditto on glad the drive is ok, but all your work! I drag, not on that level but I can deffintely feel your pain. That car looks sick, it can be rebuilt.

My step brother also builds race cars. I haven't seen him in a while but the last time I did he showed me his newest toy. It was 2nd gen camaro with a blown 502. This thing was just amazing! I mean full out race eveything! It was tubbed out and the super charger stuck out of the hood so far I don't how he could see while driving. He fired it up for me and words can't describe the feeling you get in your chest. I try to get to the track at least once a week even if I'm not running my car.I love watching the slick cars go down the track! Alot of guy into 4 cylinders don't apriciate what it takes to send a 4k pound car into the 9's. I love any type of car. One day I will have a 70 Chevelle with a big block but for now I'll keep my turbo 4 cylinder.

Insurance on a race car?
The only people that would insure something like that is LLoyds of London. It would amaze me if it was covered for this kind of misshape. Did insurance cost him 1000.00 a run with a 20K deductible? Are you sure its covered for damage caused by Mechanical failure?

It just doesn't seem right to me. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and race cars crash.

I read somewhere that NASCAR drivers pay 5K per race for health insurance.

Maybe the insurance company doesn't know it was a full blown race car. As long as those racetrack pictures never surface he might be able to say it was a daily driver with a few "mods".

Glad the driver is OK though, you can always make more money to pay for more toys, but life is priceless.

FastEddy said:
Insurance on a race car?
The only people that would insure something like that is LLoyds of London. It would amaze me if it was covered for this kind of misshape. Did insurance cost him 1000.00 a run with a 20K deductible? Are you sure its covered for damage caused by Mechanical failure?

It just doesn't seem right to me. Insurance companies are in the business of making money and race cars crash.

I read somewhere that NASCAR drivers pay 5K per race for health insurance.
I actualy think it was LLoyed of London and it cost him a huge amount not sure how much it was but very very pricey. I was there when he was filling out the insurance info and they needed to know everything! Pics of Where it was kept had to be a secured place, the trailer it was hauled in. The truck pulling it. Every thing about the car even who made the chassis. He had it covered for 75 grand. It wasn't a mechanical error either the car just broke traction and hit the wall. He looked everywhere and only one place would insure it, the same company insures athletes also. Good thing he looked untill he found some one to cover him

itsmesag1 said:
oh damn i think id be crying about now if that ever happened to my ride, its a good thing he had it insured the engine alone is a good chunk of $$$ not to mention the rest of the car, i wonder how much a couple of ribs cost!

considering my dads midget motors cost 32k ech and the champ car motors r 42k each that thing has to be a pretty damn big chunk of money

I went to the shop yesterday where they worked on this car, and they had stripped the car down to the shell. The owner of the car got his insurance money from the wrecked Vette and he went yesterday to buy a 02 Camaro Door slammer dragster. I seen pics of it and its bad ass!!! Its black or dark blue with Lightning bolts down the side of it wasn't a good pic. Its a rolling chassis and they where able to save the Motor from the Vette and will have it up and running soon :D. With the driver they figure it will weigh 1800 pounds!!!!! I will get pics and post them when I finally get to see the new beast!

Back