MRP? Thunder Tiger? Miss Bud-weis-eeerr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradoxx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm starting to retake the hobbies, and I have been reconditioning my toys.

My uncle gave me this boat, but I'm not sure which brand is it, I think is a 1/12 but I'm not sure. It has missing the wing and the engine cover. Have no clue where to find this.

I found this "generic" boat wing that I'm thinking of buying to make it fit but I'm not quite sure about it.

I'm not sure about the brand, tried to search any mark but I couldnt find any. The engine is a TTR and its complete with hitec servos and receiver, analog system.

Some images of it:

img3378ny.jpg

img3380l.jpg

img3379f.jpg

In the late '80s, Thunder Tigre was one of the baddest engines for the marine side of the hobby. As far as the hull goes, just make sure that it is solid, that there are no soft spots and that the canopy isn't warped.

The electronics are easily replaced, but HiTec servos are what I prefer to use.

now that you mentioned it, yesterday I pulled off the head of the engine, and blocking the water passage was a curly remain of blue aluminum which obviously will block the flow of water. I will check it.

What you have there is a MRP Miss Budweiser Hydro. From around 1988 or 1989. They were very popular back then and are actually very collectable now. MRP's factory use to be one city from me when I was growing up.

Here are some pics of the original flyer for the nitro and for the electric version.

If you need the wing and cowling I might be able to help you. :D

Regards,

Kevin
DPI Hobby USA Fast Electric Boats made in the USA
www.dpihobbyusa.com

Attachments

• 2012-05-22 16.34.30.jpg
    2012-05-22 16.34.30.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 246
  • 2012-05-22 16.34.56.jpg
    2012-05-22 16.34.56.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 301
perfect!! Thank you for the info, this is nice! talk to me about my missing parts, where, how much? I reeally want to try this boat, and want to keep it original, as far as I can.

Back