Mounting Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I Got a Cool new set of wheels and tires... glued the tires on and now they are WAYYY out of balance... is there any fix to this and what is the best way to glue tires and have them semi balanced?

I Got a Cool new set of wheels and tires... glued the tires on and now they are WAYYY out of balance... is there any fix to this and what is the best way to glue tires and have them semi balanced?

Try rolling the tire under your hand with some pressure to even out the foam and make sure there is no bunched up foam. If that does work you may have to balance them using a wheel balancer and some puddy.

I've actually had to use car wheel weights (the little stick on type) on a set of proline one time had to put 1/4 to 1/2 oz on each wheel. and I just made my own wheel balancer with an old knuckle and 17mmm hub and aluminum scrap that i had laying around. worked great. You can buyu them as well. look on youtube for balancing rc wheels. good luck

i use ''fun tack'' ( blue putty to stick posters on walls )...and i put shotgun lead shots in it to give it more weight ...and its easy to remove if you need to

i have an home made balancing tool that i made out of an old dremel tool

So this is normal?... its monster truck wheels and its not that the foam is bunched up or anything... i can clearly see that the bead is not even all the way around...

So this is normal?... its monster truck wheels and its not that the foam is bunched up or anything... i can clearly see that the bead is not even all the way around...

yes, in most cases tires will not have a very good balance. not really sure if your bad gluing job is the reason either. I've always had to balance my wheels to some extent, even with a perfect glue job. try to balance them somehow. put them on something that will let them spin free and the heavy side will stop at the bottom. then put your weight on opposite side(inside the wheel) you may have to add or remove some to make it perfect.

Its a 1st timer thing... yeah i see at least 1 tire that the glue job is bad... but i am coming in blind... I decided that i didnt want to start out small and spend a lot on the steps... so i went all out... i got other 1st time issues with the suspension upgrade but i got no help here. I'm not sure how the site works though. i tried putting questions in old threads about the topic, but it seems that to get a response requires a new thread... but i thought to be loose with threads were bad.... so I'm new in chat forums and in rc trucks... but i went all out in the truck side...initial layout of $700 for truck, another $400 in upgrades,the $500 in shop set up and bench, the $300 in tools, I've already got about $400 is stuff that wont work...i try to ask questions here but get no response... is this hobby gonna cost me 5K before i figure it out on my own?

Its a 1st timer thing... yeah i see at least 1 tire that the glue job is bad... but i am coming in blind... I decided that i didnt want to start out small and spend a lot on the steps... so i went all out... i got other 1st time issues with the suspension upgrade but i got no help here. I'm not sure how the site works though. i tried putting questions in old threads about the topic, but it seems that to get a response requires a new thread... but i thought to be loose with threads were bad.... so I'm new in chat forums and in rc trucks... but i went all out in the truck side...initial layout of $700 for truck, another $400 in upgrades,the $500 in shop set up and bench, the $300 in tools, I've already got about $400 is stuff that wont work...i try to ask questions here but get no response... is this hobby gonna cost me 5K before i figure it out on my own?

Oh! what I told you didn't help?:\

No... not here... i was talking about other threads i started and then went dead... like the more questions i asked ... nobody responded anymore... i had suspension issues

No... not here... i was talking about other threads i started and then went dead... like the more questions i asked ... nobody responded anymore... i had suspension issues

that's cool! this is definetely the best place for nitro revo questions. I've learned almost everything I know here. Good luck man, I hope I've helped you some.

Hang in there man! I came in just like you with the exception of the amount of coin spent. A man can learn a lot just by searching and reading the threads. Believe that any question you or I ask has been asked before and believe it or not, it might not have been that long ago. In fact this thread has brought new light to balancing tires for me. I still ask and I still get sent back to old posts that answer my questions. You'll beat your head for awhile but just enjoy the learning curve and before you know it you'll have all the answers!

yeah.. its all new.. i just hit the fence pretty hard and pulled my front axle carriers right off the Balls... they just popped out... did i have something adjusted wrong? it didnt seem like i hit too hard for what happened. i just had to put them back. and apparently the rpm suspension parts dont like thread lock. it seems to melt it...lol

yeah.. its all new.. i just hit the fence pretty hard and pulled my front axle carriers right off the Balls... they just popped out... did i have something adjusted wrong? it didnt seem like i hit too hard for what happened. i just had to put them back. and apparently the rpm suspension parts dont like thread lock. it seems to melt it...lol

I've had that happen before with stock carries. but they where pretty old and worn out. you shouldn't need thread lock on plastic part. unless it's stripped and even that doesn't hold to well!

These were new... RPM rear true trac and front carriers and A arms... i put alum rockers and waiting on shock parts... I'm building some cool shocks.... got the bad ass roll cage... I got a butt load of extra parts too... i already got a new engine, got carbon fiber pushrods... titanium balls.... i think I'm close to building another truck already... and I'm noticing more spares i should keep that i didnt think about. it was nice ripping the front end out on the fence today and 10 mins later i was back up and running... lol

Not sure if this is still an issue, but if the gluing is very bad, you may want to simply unglue that portion using a heat gun. Test out the heatgun first on some other plastic to see how close you can get without melting anything. There's a youtube video of this.