Mounting Proline Outback Welds to your savage??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRSMP5

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
the velocity 6 is direct fit for a savage, but for the ProLine Outback Welds that fit big joes they need special adapters to work... anyone interested in a set of these adapters to make them fit, he can be emailed at [email protected] and the more who are serious and would like a set the cheaper the cost becomes... right now price is not known, he is looking for how many are interested before a price is set

whladptrtop.jpg

whladptrbot.jpg

whladptr1.jpg

whladptr2.jpg

whladptr3.jpg

whladptr4.jpg

Do you want me to move this to the 'For Sale/Trade' forum for you?

actually it is more of a poll to see who with a savage would be interested.... nothing is set up as of yet to sell them

Ok cool.

What are they made out of?
What process is used to cut them? Laser?
What kind of warranty will they have?
What is the weight of all 4?

These will be good pieces of info, and if the answers are right, the more interest you will have.

-Chris

I'm not the "person selling them" but have requested the info.. i know they are aluminum, cnc milled, and testing is still being performed on how well they last in abusive situations.. as soon as i have more info it will be posted

Q: What colors are they going to be available in?
A: Silver only at least for now. If they become a hot enough item maybe other colors will be available but I really don't see the sense in it since you don't see them at all once the wheels are on.

Q: How much does a set of four weigh?
A: How's this for an answer, approximately 1.4349714285714285 oz. 3/32 of a pound roughly and don't forget to subtract the weight of the stock hubs so in total it addas about 1/16 of a pound to the truck.

Q: What are they made out of?
A: For right now all I can tell you is aluminum. I'm not the one making the product so I don't know what the grade of aluminum is but I will find out and replace this answer.

Q: What process is used to cut them? Laser?
A: Not sure on this one either but I'll get this info.

Q: What kind of warranty will they have?
A: They will be guaranteed against manufacturing defects and will be pre-inspected before delivery which should greatly decrease the chance that someone could receive a disc that is defective. I think that's about the extent of any warranty you get with any manufacturers parts. Correct me if I'm wrong on this and let me know if you don't think this would be a fair enough warranty.

Q: Can I place an order now?
A: You can but the manufacturing will not begin for another week. I want to get an idea of how hot an iteam this will be before I decide how many to make so keep letting me know if you're interested. If you want to place an order for them now you don't need to pay until they are ready. I'll put up some sort of cart system so you can order them right from the site.

Q: Can I get a set delivered overnight?
A: As noted above, they haven't been manufactured yet so not at the present time. Once they are ready any shipping method you want so long as it's UPS or USPS although I don't think it would be cost efficient to have them overnighted IMO. Shipping would probably be more than the adapters themselves.

Q: Will these work on a T-Maxx?
A: This is something I will have to find out. If anyone out there has a T-Maxx and a Savage please let us know if the stock Savage hubs work on the T-Maxx. If the stock hubs fit a T-Maxx then these should work as well. I'll be testing this out probably Wednesday so we know for sure. I do know for a fact that they DO work on the Terra Crusher.

Keep sending me your questions and I'll post them here as well. I'm getting a very good response to this so I will know soon what the exact price per set will be. Please don't wait to let me know that you want a set until after I tell you the price because if you do then the cost will be higher. The more people who let me know they want them, even if you aren't 100% definately going to purchase a set, the cheaper the cost will be.

I'll keep you posted as I have more info

The hubs on a Savage are the same as on a T-Maxx. They were designed that way to allow some part interchangeability.

That is why you can put "T-Maxx" tires on a Savage and vice versa.

yea but these replace the hex on the savage also... so he wants to test it first.. but in theory they should fit..

If they fit a Savage, they will fit the T-Maxx. You asked the question or more directly wanted someone to confirm it. I have done so.

joewelds2.jpg

will have ready to ship next week.. ill post price as soon as i knwo what it is..

note on teh maxx.. from what i have heard they will not fit due to the size of the center hole.. but has yet to be tested..

32$ for members of www.savage-central.com, 35$ for non members (free membership so ya know...)

USPS Priority Mail -- $3.85
Handling -- $0.99
Tracking -- $0.45
Insurance -- $1.30
----------
Total -- $6.59 for shipping, insurance and tracking are optional

email him above if interested...