Mounting a Traxxas Resonator Pipe? - T-Maxx 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I have a T-Maxx 2.5 and I would like to mount this pipe that my friend gave me. It did not come with any mounting hardware or a coupler for it, just the pipe.

My question is, what do I need to fit this pipe onto my T-Maxx 2.5? Everything is stock, and the test fit has no clearance issues, but my factory mount/hanger is too long and I don't want to shorten it up. Is it possible to just make my own mount for it easily? I have a lot of tools, but I'm looking for the easiest way to install this pipe.

Also, do I need a different size coupler or can I use my stock one because it is like new? The one the pipe had on it is longer than my stock one but looks very nasty inside and I would like to throw a new one on with the pipe.

Pictures of one installed would also be helpful.

Here is a picture of my T-Maxx for reference, if it helps.
l_1c5040aa4deb2184fd5235ee818dcac5.png

My Resonator came with a new mounting wire. If yours didn't you can make one cheap out of an old wire coat hanger. Just cut it to length and bend it with pliers.

That was what I was thinking, but believe it or not it is darn near impossible to find a wire coat hanger any more. All I have at home are plastic. I will probably just look at the hobby shop when I'm there today and see what I can find, if not it's off to tractor supply or something similar. I just wasn't sure if they used a bracket or the wire to mount it.

What size coupler did you use on that?

Last edited:
Coupler? what do you mean? If you're talking about the silicone piece that goes from the header to the pipe then you just use the stock one.

Back