mount options for picco .26 max?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been out of the hobby for a few years, but I am now back. I have a revo with a picco .26 max. I got it up and running again a few weeks ago, and ended up crashing into a curb due to a radio issue. The destruction included my motor mount (ofna). I never did like this mount. The adjustment sucks, it seemed poorly made in general (cast aluminum), and proved to be pretty weak since it snapped like a twig in two places upon impact with the curb.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new motor mount. I would like to avoid getting another ofna mount. I've considered the new era mount, but that would be about $48 shipped, plus the mail order wait. I've heard about the traxxas big block mount (5420), but I haven't found out for sure if that will work with the picco .26 max. Can anyone confirm that this will work with the picco engine? I've also found some mounts on ebay, but I'm not too keen on ebay crap.

Opinions, advice?

Thanks.

go new era. iv heard a lot of good things about them, i paid 60$ for mine, that was to australia. i have mounted it up and it fits perfect. dont have the motor yet but from the test fit it looks great.

I have both. You can use the traxxas BB mount but its not as adjustable as the new era and its longer since its a universal mount.

REVO and I seem to be in the same boat.....waiting for ever for that darn 26 JL red dot to come off back order status.

Last edited:
Good news my friend. Picco motors them selves told me they shipped a heaps of motors between wed-Friday last week to ofna. Which then will be shipped to (for me) amainhobbies. There date ATM is 7th but I'm expecting they will have it before then :)

Good news my friend. Picco motors them selves told me they shipped a heaps of motors between wed-Friday last week to ofna. Which then will be shipped to (for me) amainhobbies. There date ATM is 7th but I'm expecting they will have it before then :)

Good!! Mine is back ordered on Amain!! I'm ready :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Purchased the traxxas big block mount since my lhs had it in stock and I'm impatient. I'll fab a throttle mount out of aluminum or lexan stock tomorrow. Pics to come.

Ok, so I got the Traxxas BB mount installed. It looks to be 1000x better quality than the Ofna mount. Had to trim a segment off of it so the Picco would fit. I also made a throttle mount out of 1/8" sheet lexan. Pics...

20120603132056.jpg

20120603133544.jpg

20120606222932.jpg

20120606223003.jpg

Good work man!! Looks nice...I bet she's a screamer :D

Thats the engine i want to drop in my 5310 revo when this 2.5r takes a dump. So will the same mount work even though i have the short chassis or will the new era one work? I had planned on the new era originally.

Thats the engine i want to drop in my 5310 revo when this 2.5r takes a dump. So will the same mount work even though i have the short chassis or will the new era one work? I had planned on the new era originally.

You can't beat the fit & quality of the New Era mounts IMO...

That is what i keep hearing so guess i will get the new era when i change engines again. Thanks for input.

Back