motor saver ?'s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmoyer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just got a motor saver for x-mas and I'm wondering what type of oil is best recomended for it??? thanks for the help

Keith

my dad sugested 10w-30 which is a motor oil kinda like wd40 but for motors would that mabey work or should i stick with the oil desined for air filters

I would stick to oil designed for air filters. Its a small price to pay to keep your engine running strong!

ok thanx for the help

Yeah, i also use Associated air filter oil and duratrax. They both work great. The duratrax stuff is super sticky.

note on the motorsaver filters, if you remove the outer foam -- then wrap it with a piece of panty hose and secure it with a zip tie. You'll never loose that center cap this way :D -- plus it seems to make cleaning up a little easier. forgot where I read that pit-tip :)

Does the center cap pop out easy? I think HPI makes a big filter like that of the motorsaver but the center cap is secured with a screw..unlike the MS one