motor Saver Filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD-MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
http://lightninghobby.com/product_51315_detailed.htm Is This Worth 16 Dollars. Or Should I just Keep The Stock One On? Whats The Difference If I Get It? Does It Make It Faster Or N E thing. I Know this Might Sound Stupid But Will It Effect My Tune (just Makin Sure) Cuz Wasps Are a Pain To Tune...

what savage do you have 21/25 or the k 4.6? if its the 21 or 25 spend the $16 dollars the stock filter is crap.

DO NOT GET THE MOTORSAVER!!!

Lol, I asked this question and got tons of negative replies, but it was for a 1/8 buggy. These filters have a screen on the top that can pop off and then the foam element will fly right out and your engine will be left unprotected. Do a search on them, I was told they can not be trusted and some have called them Motorkillers.

GET THE MOTORSAVER!
Its the best filter available if used properly.

LOL Not this again.
Do a search and get the scoop make up your own mind.
There is a lot of info available on this subject both positive and negative.

nemesis20 said:
what savage do you have 21/25 or the k 4.6? if its the 21 or 25 spend the $16 dollars the stock filter is crap.
I Have The 25

Get the motorsaver. No way the screen can pop off on a Savage since the airfilter is protected from impact by the roll bar/handle.

IMHO for the Savage, the motorsaver is a good investment toward engine protection versus the thin stock air filter. When used properly of course!

I did not notice any gains in power from running the motorsaver.

MAD-MAXX said:
http://lightninghobby.com/product_51315_detailed.htm Is This Worth 16 Dollars. Or Should I just Keep The Stock One On? Whats The Difference If I Get It? Does It Make It Faster Or N E thing. I Know this Might Sound Stupid But Will It Effect My Tune (just Makin Sure) Cuz Wasps Are a Pain To Tune...

Do you always have to post questions that have been asked a thousand of times?

Try the search function next time you have a thought!

BADNBADN said:
Do you always have to post questions that have been asked a thousand of times?

Try the search function next time you have a thought!
Do You Have To Post 1000 times About Me Posting 1000 Times!!!!!!!!

First time I said anything buddy!
But from reading the rest of your post I am not the only one!

i kno. I'm using the edit button now. its cool. um Do I Have To Tweak My Engine N E for This Filter? I heard It Needs To Be Richer Because More Air Flow. But what Needle(S). do I need To Tweak.

Thanks

Run and see for your self. Everones engine will run a little different. My guess would be the HSN.

here is a link to a good artical on how to tune your motor. The filter will suck more air and lean out your engine a little, but everyones is diffrent. so you will have to run it and adjust.Also its good to have some kind of temp device like a gun or onbord unit, if you dont have one allready. but read this it will help you.
http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/ht_tunengine_01.asp

thanks That Did Help Alot. Now I understand It alot better. i wish i wuld of read that before it might of saved my s-25. And I Was Always Messing With the LSN And HSN it Turns Out that Most Of the Time Its The HSN and you barley mess with the LSN. That Will help Me Alot. thanks

Get the Motorsaver air filter. I had one on my Maxx and the only time I ever lost the screen cap was when me and a friend were playing ballon and he hit me from the side doing 30 and had his bumper hit the cap and tweaked it out but it never really fell out. I then went out to my lhs and for $1.99 I got a red foam can that is used for electric motors and it is coverd on the front and sides unlike the foam replacment from motorsavers which is just a foam tube. so their is not chance of the cap coming off.

k I'm Defantly Getting It. Expesically Since Mondragon showed Me How To Tune Really Well....Thanks Every one

Back