motor saver airfilter ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
ok ,after reading many threads about this filter i bought 1 for my tmaxx ,
now on the package it says about richening it up,
how much do i need ot richen about ??
or just tune to performance and temps??

I did 1/4 of a turn richer and ended up leaning it out a tad, I would just use temps.

Don't do anything unless you need to. If you do need to richen it up do it in minimal increments. The reason you might need to richen it up is the motorsaver filter allows for more air to enter the carb, therby changing the fuel/air mixture. So you might need to add more fuel to the mixture to compensate for more air or it may be a bit too lean.

ok i was just curious cause the package it came in says to richen it out due to the increased airflow of the filter ,
i am running a bit on the rich side anyway for safety purposes ,i am finnaly getting my tmaxx where i want it ,just installed a venom 1200mah 6v receiver pack, new switch instead of rewiring it all, now just waiting for the new carb to get here and all is good be ready to rock this weekend ,weather permitting lol

I have one for my Maxx but have a different problem. it doesn't fit. OOps, I have a OS Max .12 and the filter doesn't fit the carb. the opening for the filter is too big. anyone want to buy it or have a suggestion on how to get it to fit?

only suggestion is return it and get the smaller 1,
you will never get it to fit the throat of the .12

Get one of those IR thermometers.. $20-25

It makes nitro life a lot easier.

Even if it's not perfect... a reading of 340º while you're running 332º will give you a major clue to richen up a bit.

ihave a venom onboard temp gauge installed .
and use a duratrax heat probe as a back up

The Motorsaver filters breathe surpisingly better than most others... K&N especially. Just keep the filter clean and oiled up. It will treat your engine well.

paulangelo, measure up what its supposed to be, find one online... done deal.

Back