Motor Saver Air Filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Now that I have a new engine on the way, I'm FINALLY going to be running the Motor Saver on it. The question I have is - If I run a filter that allows more air flow, can I expect to run a richer mix? Also, will it be safe to use the bigger filter for break-in?

I would guess if airflow to the carb is restricted, be it a dirty air filter , constrictive air filter or high altitude, you'd run slightly leaner.

With a high flow filter, a low altitude environment, etc
your mixture would be slightly richer to equal out additional air flowing into the engine.

I've never had an issue larger filters while breaking in. As long as you follow the break in directions closely and you always see a smoke trail,
check your temps occasionally, it should be fine

Affirmitive on the richining with the motor savor

I wanted one of those filters but all i read are horrible reviews :( let me know how yours goes. From what i read you should do the motorsaver filter mod with hot glue or shoe goo.
:)

I wanted one of those filters but all i read are horrible reviews :( let me know how yours goes. From what i read you should do the motorsaver filter mod with hot glue or shoe goo.

???......motorsaver mod?, I couldnt imagine why anyone would wanna ruin a good filter, I've been runing motorsaver's for 15 years and have never had a problem, I think you may be confused on what filter your talking about

Old reviews…

The early Motor savers had a bad habit for letting dirt sneak past the filter foam.
Newer design fixed the issue.

???......motorsaver mod?, I couldnt imagine why anyone would wanna ruin a good filter, I've been runing motorsaver's for 15 years and have never had a problem, I think you may be confused on what filter your talking about

not confused their are alot of bad reviews. however apparently it was the old design.

Never had a problem with a Motor Saver. I've run one since day one on my Revo.