Motor is officially shot!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, my 3.3 is done for. I tried starting it today, no luck, tried a new plug tried reseting the tune. Nothing works, i bring it inside tak the motor out of the truck, and I take it apart. The con rod, and piston have little chips in them, as well as the piston sleeve. I think the piston chipped and the pieces of it damaged the engine pretty badly. Anyhow, its time to upgrade to BB!! :D I want to know all of your opinions on some engines, I have a few in mind so tell me what you all think, and which would be the best upgrade and why. Thanks, as I am starting to save up my money and want to buy a new mill in the next few weeks!

O.S. .21 TM
osm12241.jpg

Picco .26 JL Red Dot
ofn51225.jpg

LRP Z .28R Spec 3
asclrp32802.jpg

O.S. 30 VG
osm13966.jpg

My choice wld be the Red Dot..
Just a personal preference..
are the last two direct drop ins..?
If they are then my choice wld change to the OS 30vg..
Have Heard Great things about OS engines

My choice wld be the Red Dot..
Just a personal preference..
are the last two direct drop ins..?
If they are then my choice wld change to the OS 30vg..
Have Heard Great things about OS engines

only the OS .21 TM is a DIRECT drop in with no aftermarket mounts, i was thinking the Picco .26 JL Red Dot as well, and then combo it was a new era mount and a JP-3 exhaust. That would be nicee! :D

what are you putting it into. i just put a 21tm in my jato and a lrp .28 in my revo

I would recommend the JL Red Dot. I have a Picco .26 Maxx in my Revo and it is an animal.

i would go with OS, I've heard excelent things about them and had a OS max .15 myself it ran awesome untill it overheated for the 5th time lol.

as we all know, plans change and I'm not going big block anymore.. time for 1/8th electric so I'm converting to an e-revo with a chassis i got off of ebay!! can't wait to put in a MMM combo..

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!

Not electirc :(

I'm very dissapointed
I know brushless is faster but Nitr is WAY more fun
Well IMO anyway
Plus this site is call rcNITROtalk not rcELECTRICtalk lol

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!

Not electirc :(

I'm very dissapointed
I know brushless is faster but Nitr is WAY more fun
Well IMO anyway
Plus this site is call rcNITROtalk not rcELECTRICtalk lol

true, but soon i would like to get another nitro, I've just had it with my 3.3, i want to buy a savage as my next one...