More Stupid Scaler Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know I'm probably missing something, but on my SCX-10, whenever I try crawling a good sized rock, the front tires don't seem to have any grip and just spin. Does anyone have a good idea how to add weight to the front of the truck. I have already about 4 oz. of weight to each wheel.

The other questions I have are about the axles and transmissions on rc4wd.com. Will the axles (d40) fit the SCX-10 without too much modification and will the 2-speed R2 transmission fit and work?

Thanx.

In the wheels is the best place for weight since they are low, you start adding wieght higher then it just makes you top heavy. Remember its meant to be scale, not really a crawler, so its not gonna be easy to make it perform like a crawler.

Scale tires just don't hook up as well as you might be used to. With that said the stock flatirons are M2 compound, if you switch to the G8 compound flatiron you will see a difference in traction. That was the first thing I did to mine, IMO they have more grip than any other 1.9 tire that I have used. For even more grip look at a custom cut 1.9 tire.

Add 4 more ounces to each front wheel, but like it has been said, it is a scaler not crawler and because of that simple fact it will not climb like a crawler will.