More fuel holding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyway to fit a bigger tank in a maxx, the 125cc aint cutting it. Any suggestions?

I know everyone will disagree but I have used the proline runtime tank in several of my maxxs with good results the only problem I ever had was that they were brittle and would crack around the feet if I had a good stack but at 13 bucks I just carried a spare in my box

Are the OFNA's a direct fit even with the ezstart?

Are the OFNA's a direct fit even with the ezstart?

The Ofna tank has to be installed where the battery box sits.

054-1.jpg

001.jpg

if your truck doesn't have reverse you can zip tie it into that hole as long as your using a hump pack. If your not using a hump pack you will need to get one or start using one to do this mod

---------- Post added at 9:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:41 AM ----------

Ofna Violator 145cc tank.

does this tank cure the half tank lean?

IMO it’s the best replacement tank you can install on the TMaxx.

I did the violator tank mod on mine not long ago and love it. I went thru 3 stock tanks and 1 proline runtime tank before i mounted the violator. $15 and change off ebay

I havnt broken a tank yet or anything but one of the feet of my tank is stripped and wont hold a screw and my o ring is going bad which i know can be replaced but y replace when i could use a new tank anyways.

I’ve probably tried more fuel tanks than most and even made some of my own for the TMaxx.
Probably broke 10+ stock tanks in the early years and the ProLine runtime tank is ridiculous for durability and leaning the tune as the fuel level drops.
The Violator tank puts a stop to all of that. I’ve only ever cracked 1 and that was my fault for tying to be too fancy and mounting the tank overflow tube through the chassis.

1 of the monstrosity tanks I built for your amusement… Dont :hehe: too hard though. I ran that thing for a long time and it never broke or leaked. Still have it somewhere. Helped that little Pro.15 pop a good wheelie:whhooo:.

DSC01651.gif

That one about 25 minutes with the little engine. I made another that was larger/longer and you would get tired of running the truck before it was empty.:hehe:

Thats a long time on one tank. that long with the 3.3 would be cool but i would think it would get old with the .15 haha

It requires a little rearranging on the chassis but the tank from aTraxxas deep vee boat increases runtime to nearly double and also eliminates the half tank lean issue. Here are some pics: :D

Last edited: