more engine/carb tuning help needed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenmac

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello peeps,

:help:
i need a bit of help getting my car to run properly, its a mugen seiki msx-3, with the standard mv-12 engine on it,

when i was running in it started fine every time, but could only run 1/2 tank of fuel before the fuel foamed in the tank and it stalled, then i got my bruv to look at it (as he was the one to get me into nitro cars,) and he said it was due to the needles being wrong, fair enough i say, can you sort it so it runs fine??? sure!

he twiddled the 3 needles on the carb as per what the (badly translated!!) manual said,tried starting it a few times, and proclaimed it fixed, then buggered off to join the army,

now the blasted thing wont even start!!!!!!!!!!! :whack:

any ideas aside from buying a new car to tow it around???

i have tried some of the other reccomended settings mentioned in other threads, but no joy!!!

Last edited:
First I'd look in the manual to see if the have any prescribed break-in settings for the needles. Reset all the needles per these specs and then try to start it. That's the best first place to start.
As far as your foaming problem. What a lot of people recommend is to take a full fresh gallon of fuel and put one (ONLY ONE) spritz of Armor All cleaner into the entire gallon. This will reduce foaming and won't harm the fuel or engine.

Anyway, hope that helps....

many thanks, will do that when it finally stops raining over here, can't do it indoors as the people in the other flats might get annoyed, plus the smoke alarms.........

Back