mom in hospital.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my mom was taken to the hospital. on sunday. hart was beating fast / ect. she had high blood pressure. 220 / 49. test on monday showed her hart has NO clogged hart veins. came home on tuesday. we figured she was not taking her meds. so my son is helping with that. my son is a medic in the nal guard. she is doing much better. 149 / 60. not great but ill take that. that is the short story. she is 85. the people at the hospital was fantastic. some times God takes care of you even when you dont know it. thanks Jesus.

thanks i have been very busy. she and i got behind on bills. but i am getting that fixed. my #2 son is a lot help. when he was 10 years i didnt think i would be proud of him , but i am now, hes 25 now. and a medic in nat guard.

Sorry to hear about her troubles, but it sounds like all will be OK.

she had high blood pressure. 220 / 49

Seriously? That's about the craziest spread I've ever seen. Better that than a high diastolic, though. Thing about BP is, everyone handles it differently. Some people will have an aneurism with a systolic of 170, 180 while others can function just fine above 200.

In her case, it may be some very rigid arteries causing the issue; they aren't stretching much when the heart pumps, and that lack of elasticity makes a for a really high systolic figure, even though her diastolic is actually a bit low (ideal is at or a tad under 120/80).

thanks for your kind words. i checked it to day at 8:30 am. 148 / 62. the biggest thing is she forgets a lot. yesterday she took the evening pills twice. took her to the E.R. short story is she is fine.

Glad to hear she's doing better. You might want to get her a pill organizer so each day is labeled and then it makes your life easier by knowing she's taking her pills. Maybe on a Saturday or a Sunday one of you could set her up so to speak while another checks on her. I hope this helps, Steve.

Dont envy your or her the scare. Glad she is doing better.

yep she has a pill holder. the trouble is she forgets things. my son put a note on the pill box that she is to call me or my son to check that she is getting the right pill. the doctor said that the meds she has will not be real harmful if taken double. to just watch the low blood pressure side. thanks for your ideas and kind words.

Glad to hear she is ok! It's rough when we start forgetting like that, good thing she has people to help her remember.

They have pill boxes that are on timers too, might be a good idea to have one of them or just just a daily alarm clock for her by her pill box.