mods---i have a Great Vigour belt crusher and was wandering if anyone has modded one?

• Thread starter Great vigour parts are hard to
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great vigour parts are hard to

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
please help me, i am new to r/c monstertrucks and i have a nitro monster truck, a great vigour belt crusher, i would like to also upgrade the engine from a .15 to a .21 and also put a 2 speed on it, please help anyone,
i also made a rollcage purposely built for it and it slowed right down, thanks:madface:

Modded one? Hell I havent even heard of one.. Should post up some pics, Id like to check it out.

do you have a website of the car? your talking about dude???

It's definately not like the Duratrax - The Duratrax is a 2 wheel driven nightmare. I've never seen the GreatVigour before; it kinda reminds me of a Shumacher or possibly a Cen?

I don't know if you'll be able to wedge in a .21 (big block), as the block sizes are different. That, and the crankshaft size is larger than a .15 (small block). You can, however, install a .18 sized engine with no problems (well, other than it might go through more drivetrain parts).

Got some similarities to a Duratrax, but not it.

I figure it is probably a knock-off of something else. But I have no idea what.
I found where they had made a buggy that was an exact copy of a Kyosho. About 3/4 down this page? http://classictamiyarc.com/tamcontact01.html

Not dissing your ride....

My first car was a Duratrax. Thought I would mod it till I figured the cost. I still take it out sometimes, but it's stock.

Run the piss out of it and enjoy it.
Take the money you want to put in it and put it toward something that has some hop-ups.

hey guys, today i was at the local skate park and did a huge jump. it landed upside down onto the rollcage and the cage broke in two places, i am going to fix it all up before using it again, and put a 2 speed on it to go extremely fast. i have not been very happy lately becose my brother has just got his own r/c, a SAVAGE, how unfair is that, oh well not to wrorry, mine is still faster now. i had to take the belt of my r/c because the chassis is bent at the front and it will weaken if i bend it back. then i will buy some aluminium and make a new roll cage to bolt onto the car.

thankyou for all of your comments and i hope to hear from you all some more.

regards, russell

It almost looks like a mutant-maxx thing... Similar, but not quite. Good luck with it.

.21Rc10GT said:
It almost looks like a mutant-maxx thing... Similar, but not quite. Good luck with it.

bite your toungue......lol

I'm starting to hate my r/c because the rear swingarms are stuffed up, the screws are coming out all of the time becos they r badly made and my chassis is bent to the max from doing jumps, lol, i need to get a new one but i dont have the money, can anyone help me fix my r/c or not????
thanks

Last edited:
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What do you want to hear? You have a R/C that I, personally, have never heard of until you posted this thread. You admit that the chassis is bent, the belt isn't working correctly and the screws are stripped. Sounds to me like it's time to cut bait and move on, my man!

Maybe you can part out what is good on your rig and buy yourself something else. Until you correct the bent chassis problem, everything else will continue to be an issue. The chassis is the core, and if it is screwed up, no matter what else you do, it'll always be the cause of your problems.

get out while you can, I made the same mistake as you did, cut your losses and move on

Great vigour parts are hard to said:
hey, i have a website of the r/c its www.russellsrcmonstertruck.piczo.com
I think your weak point is the cage. You are mounting it to points that flex. THe Cage really has no bracing to back a strong hit. Need to rethink the cage. If anything drive this and earn from it till you can move on to another rig..

any one know of any r/c hobbyshops in AUSTRALIA????
please help me, my truck is nackedd

what do you mean by earn from it???

lmao, ne1 wanna buy it, lmao, aus 5cents, lol i wish ha ha ha

Great vigour parts are hard to said:
any one know of any r/c hobbyshops in AUSTRALIA????
please help me, my truck is nackedd

what do you mean by earn from it???

lmao, ne1 wanna buy it, lmao, aus 5cents, lol i wish ha ha ha

Jon2 meant "learn" from it.

Look, man, you need to show a little initiative on your own here. You're asking if anyone knows of R/C shops in Australia, but have you even performed a basic search yourself? Clearly you have a grasp of the Internet or you wouldn't be on this site, so try getting on Google and searching for a local shop.

It does suck that your truck is "nackedd" (whatever that means) but only you can decide if it's worth taking the time to fix or better to call it a day. Looking at the pictures of it, I can say that your rig will most likely never compare much to the Savage your brother has, no matter how big an engine you put in or add a two-speed and the like. They're just two different trucks and HPI probably has a better after-market support system than yours.

This is not intended to make you feel bad in any way, but rather just to accept this as part of the hobby. If you can scare up a new chassis, then I'd probably give it a go and try again on the roll-cage.

has any1 made a turnbuckle??? if so please tell me

monkey wrench, i have made a search on the net for parts for the gv but there was bugger all

nackedd meaning STUFFED

Back