modifying a body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
If the wheel-wells are too big and off centered for my like'n is there a way to close them in some and shape them into the look I want? I have been using shoegoo and drywall tape to repair cracks but not sure it'd hold up as a body modification.

What type of
If the wheel-wells are too big and off centered for my like'n is there a way to close them in some and shape them into the look I want? I have been using shoegoo and drywall tape to repair cracks but not sure it'd hold up as a body modification.
What type of body and how much area are you talking.? Pictures of what you are trying to do and I'm sure we can direct you properly..

here is what I am talking about

Attachments

• Mazda 6a.jpg
    Mazda 6a.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Mazda 6b.jpg
    Mazda 6b.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 44
here is what I am talking about
That is what kills me about most of the touring cars I've seen. Like our TT02's, the wheels look tiny on them, even at 2.2".I would just grab a new body. But you could do some fender flares out of a 2 liter bottle like TNT said.

I was going to use this one until I do a little learning, right now, I am pretty reckless :). Is there a thread on the 2-liter bottle deal?

I was going to use this one until I do a little learning, right now, I am pretty reckless :). Is there a thread on the 2-liter bottle deal?
No, but it is the same material. Just cut a sheet and lay it on the body, marking the shape you want to cut it to, then glue it on. If you have a heat gun you can form it too. You can actually use clay and make a mold of your body and buy full lexan sheets and use a heat gun to form it to the mold. It won't be perfect without a vacuum table, but you get the idea.

Back