MJX 16207 HYPER GO

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posthuman2049

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m looking at buying a MJX 16207 HYPER GO for my son.

https://uk-m.banggood.com/MJX-16207...ls-45km-or-h-p-1967172.html?cart_warehouse=CN

I can’t seem to find out the specs of the battery that comes with 16207. All I know is that it’s a LiPo 3S battery.

I’d like to buy a couple of batteries with longer runtime, so if anyone knows which batteries I need to order (and recommend a good charger), please post a link!

Thanks and have a great day/ evening.

https://uk-m.banggood.com/MJX-16207...ls-45km-or-h-p-1967172.html?cart_warehouse=CN

I can’t seem to find out the specs of the battery that comes with 16207. All I know is that it’s a LiPo 3S battery.

I’d like to buy a couple of batteries with longer runtime, so if anyone knows which batteries I need to order (and recommend a good charger), please post a link!

you're best bet would be to measure the battery, and look for batteries that are similar size. According to the specs though, that is a modular battery, which means its a battery inside a housing, which means you are limited to batteries that fit that housing, unless you find another way to mount them. Did it come with a manual? If so, look for a part number for the battery/housing piece.

The battery in that looks to be a proprietary design...
Screenshot_20221003-123214_YouTube.jpg

You'll probably have to buy batteries from banggood, or wait til you get the truck and figure out how to mod it to accept a regular 3s lipo.

View attachment 153550

You'll probably have to buy batteries from banggood, or wait til you get the truck and figure out how to mod it to accept a regular 3s lipo.
If that is the same setup as the MJX Bugs 3, then the housing should be held together with small screws. I think the same company makes the Bugs 3 drone and the Hyper Go, so they might be similar in how they are assembled.

you're best bet would be to measure the battery, and look for batteries that are similar size. According to the specs though, that is a modular battery, which means its a battery inside a housing, which means you are limited to batteries that fit that housing, unless you find another way to mount them. Did it come with a manual? If so, look for a part number for the battery/housing piece.
@biggman100 Cheers for the info; I’ve not bought the car yet as I wanted to order some extra batteries at the same time. But if I can’t find out what I need beforehand, I’ll just wait until I get the car and find a part number for the battery, as you suggest. 👍🏻
View attachment 153550

Thanks :) I’ve actually contacted Banggood directly and asked them, so I’ll let you know what they say. I can’t be the first person to wonder about the batteries, I’m guessing!
If that is the same setup as the MJX Bugs 3, then the housing should be held together with small screws. I think the same company makes the Bugs 3 drone and the Hyper Go, so they might be similar in how they are assembled.
I think you’re right there; Drones are their main product if I’m not mistaken. I’ll do some fiddling when the truck arrives.

Last edited:
AliExpress is the place to buy the hyper go 16207 for the best price, and they sell it with multiple battery options, but... if it doesn't matter to you, and you want the car in a couple of days, then amazon is the place to go. I purchased my Hyper go 16207 at amazon. then i ordered my 16210 from AliExpress
AliExpress has the lowest prices by far. But know, it will take at least 25 days to arrive from AliExpress.

Late to the party, but here's some info that may help...
The supplied battery is just a standard 2s 1050ma type with a balance connector and Deans T-plug used in many 1:16 and 1:18 vehicles.
It is enclosed in a proprietary case that fits nice but limits its use. For one thing, you can't use a standard charger because the balance port on the battery case has tabs that block balance plug insertion. Also, you can't use it in other vehicles because of its weird case form factor.
Solution- snap open the case and remove the battery.
PXL_20230107_143754863.jpg

PXL_20230107_144412686.jpg

This gives access to the balance connector for charging and still fits nicely in the vehicle.
You can use other batteries also with some foam padding to make them snug.
PXL_20230107_144118398.jpg

My personal fav are these...
PXL_20230107_144034968.jpg

They are 2200ma and with a slight mod fit nicely. They are meant for the Wltoys 144xxx and 124xxx line and are 2s 2200ma 100mm x 35mm x 15mm.

PXL_20230107_143943428.jpg

The mod is to trim about 1/4" off the hinged battery retaining tab as seen in this pic:
PXL_20230107_143957213.jpg

Gives way more run time and it seems like the vehicle was originally designed with this size in mind. Unfortunately, the marketing dept. and bean counters decided to make the supplied battery design proprietary, but that is easily overcome.

I've been messing with smaller scale stuff for a while now, and I must say that the MJX Hyper GO line is the best 1:16 scale available. Hands down better than the WLtoys and Bezgar stuff. Pack the diffs, oil up the shocks and check all the screws for tightness and you're good to go.
BTW, they have a brushed version with GPS that is really cool.

It should hold most any 3S battery up to about 1000mah. It has a Deans connector, but you can change it or get just about any adapter you need. With my mod, it should easily hold a 3S 2200mah. The battery bay is actually pretty big and will accommodate a wide variety of batteries. The problem is the lock-down mechanism to secure the battery. I 3D modeled a new arm that solves the problem (if you have a 3D printer!). Feel free to print it or modify!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6070433

IMG_4951.jpeg

Last edited:

Angry snail had a 3s 2000mah battery that is designed for the Hyper GO yu can get them on amazon

Back