Missing steering parts??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snortweasel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a tmaxx 2.5 that appears to have some missing steering parts. i found a blue aluminum post and put it in place. the thing i am missing is a small plastic spacer that mounts on the blue post. Any idea where i could get 1? also is it common for screws to loosen up? It has had about 2 gallons of fuel run through it.

i woud suggest looking at you lhs( local hobbie shop) for the part and yes it is common for screws to come loose what i do is i go around my truck and check for loose screws befor and after driving and sometimes when i refuel. it is more common for screws to come loose if you are bashing then racing.

I gotta know nickjames, why would you look for loose screws before and after? i mean if you did it after the last run why would screws have come loose from sitting in the garage? And why do you think it is more common from bashing than racing? I'm not trying to attach you or anything but I just don't understand your logic.

because no matter what its doing, them little buggers always seem to dissapear.

A friend of mine was telling me that loctite was only if you really needed it. But I suppose if screws are falling out, you really need it.

There's not an RC on the market that doesn't NEED Loc-Tite. It is my belief that more screws are lost during racing than bashing for a few reasons. One is that when racing, the driver is constantly checking his truck over in the pits and taking it apart and putting it back together between runs. Also, it's often run for a much shorter period of time than when someone goes out for a hard day bashing. Another is that a lot of racers take better care of their RC's than a lot of bashers do. This can be witnessed by the dirty trucks in the for sale section or the rediculously stupid you tube videos. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. I've had 15 RC's, and haven't found one yet that didn't need LocTite.

Loc-Tite is not only an adhesive it also acts as a buffer for vibration caused from the engine.....ANY screw going into metal NEEDS blu Loc-Tite......red is only used for emergencies......

Back