mip traxxas sidepipe kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legmaker

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just picked up a mip traxxas side pipe kit for 2.5 tried to install it but it seems too long! Any tips 4 installation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not certain I understand what part you are talking about.

Can you provide a link?

i think he is talking about this pipe. MIP shiny side pipe kit 2.5 t-maxx ]

i got no idea, never ran that pipe or a 2.5 engine. i had a MIP stinger exhaust on my nitro stampede back in the day, and that thing worked great. i think MIP has a good rep.

later

Well if its the one Trooper linked to it should work.

what do u mean by too longs does it not fit onto the maxx because it hits the RX box??

Maybe you're not putting the manifold into the pipe far enough?

take it apart and make everything is correct, if you have to, bend the wire that holds the end of the pipe in place. It should work....are you using the stock 2.5 engine?

mip pipe

yes, it is the mip shiny side pipe , yes it does hit the reciever, it will fit if you put the header into the pipe , but i was not aware that was how you assembled it i had read you did not want any metal to metal contact B/C it could cause radio glitches.is this true?

youll be fine thats how the pipe is made to go on

thanks 4 the help!!!!!!! does any1 know if the motor saver airfilter is a good investment?If so any tips for tuning carb for my mip side pipe and air filter?

the motor saver air filter is the greatest air filter out there IMHO. i run one on my t-maxx with the dust/mud deflector and i run one on my sportmaxx.

as far as tunning ur engine for ur new exhaust, go back to stock needle settings and go from there.

later

Cut a 1/4 inch off the header and it will fit, and give you a little performance! Thats what i have read anyway. Dont have that pipe so i dont know firsthand.