Mip cvd issues...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1badmaxx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a 2.5 tmaxx thats heavily modded so I bought some mip cvds after beefing the tranny but the dam things keep popping out. Did I get the first gen max cvds? When I installed them I noticed that one of the "prongs" on the bone was half out of the diff cup slot at full flex on all four corners and after a frustrating day of popping driveshafts I adjusted the camber so both pivot screws were all the way in.

It helped but I still have problems with the center front bone coming out, and still have issues with all the others in hard rollovers. WTF?:angry: Is this common or is something weird? I can't imagine MIP would make cvds like this and be able to sell them.

It sounds to like you have the wrong CVD's for your ride, I have MIP CVD's through out my E Maxx and I have never had an issue with them poping out on me....

hmmmm maybe I got bit by the ebay market... anybody have a part number on the MIP cvds for the 2.5 maxx? I thought the offset rims might have something to do with it but doesn't seem like that would affect the driveshafts.

might wanna try some other diffcups, some with a deeper cup and put some o-rings behind the cvd in the cup?

i have mip cvds on my maxx and somthing is wrong with one on the rear, when you fully load the rear suspension and push it the truck rolls up on the right rear and I've narrowed it down to the cdv but looking at it even off the truck, it seems fine:\

might wanna try some other diffcups, some with a deeper cup and put some o-rings behind the cvd in the cup?

i have mip cvds on my maxx and somthing is wrong with one on the rear, when you fully load the rear suspension and push it the truck rolls up on the right rear and I've narrowed it down to the cdv but looking at it even off the truck, it seems fine:

Don't think you can buy just cups can you? If so where can I get some longer ones... otherwise ima buy a different set all together... just sick of em falling out.

Same thing happened to me when I got the centers, kept popping out until I found out it was installed backwards. If you look at it one shaft is longer then the other. Long one goes in the back and short one goes in the front... : ) just my 2 cents
Then again you might have the wrong one... : )

hmm... I'm having problems with the front shaft. The rear shaft is shoved up in the cup all the way and the front falls out... maybe swapping them would help.

Still doesn't explain the front and rears popping out though... wish I knew how long the shafts were for the original tmaxx and the 2.5.

Back