Sold / Found Mint Condition Futaba 3PK

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well as a lot of you know, I have a Futaba 3PK radio system that I bought for my RC's. I bought it from a friend who owns the local hobby shop, because he is more obsessive compulsive than I am when it comes to taking care of his stuff.

It's a VERY nice radio, and can be used for bashing, racing, crawling, and just about everything else you can think of. After I bought the radio system, I sent it to the Futaba service department so that they could check it over. I had them replace all the plastic panels so it looks like brand new. This was the top of the line, best of the best, Futaba surface computer radio that you could buy up until last year. The new model was released this year, but other than that it's the best that you can buy.

I had a Futaba 3PK and the 3PM, and as I was getting ready to order another radio system that has some unique characteristics for a special prject I'm building. I realized that there's not point in having nearly $1000 worth of radio sitting on the shelf not being used, so I'm selling the extra stuff that I don't need.

I'm selling this system for a really good price. If I was only selling the system with the transmitter and receiver, but I will be including two mint condition PCM receviers, the Futaba receiver that came with it, and at least 4 other receivers of different brands that I've been coillecting, I'm going to have to gather them up and count them.

100_0089.jpg

100_0091.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0094.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0099.jpg

Here's what you'll be getting.
**Futaba 3PK transmitter
**3 Futaba receivers (at least)
** Multiple other brands of receivers
** Futaba rechargable battery pack for the transmitter
** Futaba charger that will charge transmitter and receiver packs at the same tme
** Aluminum hard case that has foam molded to to fit the transmitter
** Instruction booklet

Pice: $200 obo
I'm sure that there's some stuff I'm leaving out. Let me know if you have any questions or anything

UPDATE: No wonder I haven't had any bites, I listed the wrong radio in the title. I'm selling my 3PK, so the price is very reasonable for it, although it was a little high for the other model that I had advertised.

Last edited:
Pics will be added in just a little while.

O_O oh man nice deal! :pouts: and I have to send out $150 to pay off the Savy this Friday. It's official, you hate me, you only have the good sales when I already have other deals going on. :p

Well since you're a good friend of mine and all, if you're serious about it I might be able to hold it for you.

UPDATE: I just noticed the title said 3PM which is a HUGE understatement, I'm selling my 3PK, which is a VERY high end radio.

Last edited:
Pics have been added. The colors don't show up really good, but the wheel is a beautiful anodized red color, and the LCD display lights up with a really sharp indigo blue color.

i think I'm in love..
wait no gotta snap out of it.
I'm already getting yelled at for having 2 rigs!

You think that's bad, wait until you can't count your rigs on your fingers and toes, and radios like this are just your extra ones. Man, talk about someone having it bad lol.

want to trade a radio system for the 4908 extended chassas and drivelines and braces?
I have reverse on my rig.

LOL, thats gonna get bad,
but i am thinking about buying a spektrum so that i can have one radio just for all my cars,
would this do the same thing?

Yea, the 3pk can hold info for up to 10 different models and can be increased to 20 with the addition of a removable expansion pack.

want to trade a radio system for the 4908 extended chassas and drivelines and braces?
I have reverse on my rig.
Honestly, I read your pot more than twice to understand it.. Try using spell check so your post is read cleary. Especially when offering something for trade or sale...

Yes and you can also buy a spektrum module or Futaba 2.4 GHz FASST (which is what I prefer) and change it out just like the crystals in a RTR radio. So you can have all the FM receivers in your RC's that are just for playing around, and run the FASST or Spektrum module and receiver in your racers or your main RC's, and have the best of both worlds. I have over $200 in the receivers alone, you wont find a better deal than this.

Also, I just sent this transmitter to be serviced and checked over by Futaba, as well as have the plastics. It didn't have very many scratches since it's been in the case most of it's life, but since I paid so much to have it cleaned and inspected, I went ahead and paid to have new plastics put on so it would be like a brand new radio. I think I still have the receipt from Futaba and the inspection form that everything is in mint condition internally, but I'll have to check to be sure.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the 3PK, this is a top of the line radio. The Spektrum radios like the DX3/0 and 3.0 don't compare to it, they're more along the lines of the 3PM. The Spektrum DX3R would be the only thing that comes close, and I think that the 3PK has more features. I know when I was looking about 6 weeks ago, the cheapest that the 3PK and a receiver could be bought for new was around $350 plus shipping. I'm sure I could easily get $300 for this set or $400 if I sold the radio and the extra receivers seperate. I'm offering it to the members here cheap for a day or two, and then I'm going to break it up and sell it for more on ebay or some other forums. My Mom is getting rady to have surgery and I've got school getting ready to start, so I'm offering it up a a greatly reduced price for a very limited time.

Last edited:
Josh...yeah...bite me.. LOL

I used to read my pot all the time. It turns out, I was just really really out of it, and I was confusing the stems and seeds with sentences.

On the serious side, if someone was interested in buying my 3PK and my Novak HV Pro brushless system, I might make a really good package deal, or even better. (Can you say FREE LiPo)

Last edited:
That is just a rediculously good deal. If this isn't bought by noon tomorrow I'd be surprised.

All I was saying was I had that chassas and a few other items I would like to get rid of for a radio. I was not trying not to be understood. Charlie and Josh no that I hope.

If any of the members are interested in this 3PK system, please let me know. If you're trying to get your money together, need a few days, etc.., I will try to work with you. I have it listed on another site for a good bit more money and several people are interested in it, so I want to make sure that you realize it wont be here much longer and you need to let me know if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back