Mini-T replacement shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi All

I managed to bust one of my shocks today after having it fixed for a whole 5 mins (slight exaggeration) D'oh haha. Sending it off a skateboard jump.

I wondered if just any 1/18th shocks will work? or if anyone had recommendations for ones they like. Will the Mini T 2.0 ones fit?

Attached a photo of the damage.

Any help would be amazing.

BTTF

Attachments

• IMG_3843.jpg
    IMG_3843.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 111
Sorry man I dont have a Mini T . if i was you id pull out my calipers and measure them from mount to mount along with size of ends.....Id look at LC racing replacements shocks .some replacement or upgrades are hit and giant missies.....I have a few mini or 1/18-1/16 scale not trucks mostly buggies..

No worries mate, thank you anyway! I actually made a pretty good bodge-fix. I got one of the ends of a tie rod that I had spare and it fits the thread. I put the ball from the eyelet in and drilled through and it works!

I have ordered the gpm aluminium ones just as I'd like to have some spares for the future. Its not going to be a shelf queen but its also not a daily driver. Its just too fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3854.jpg
    IMG_3854.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 81
I have the EXACT same issue as you and I'm looking for replacement.

Thanks for the tip.