MGT forward only kits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOWN281

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Anybody have or know where I can get any forward only kits? i need at least 1 for the 8.0 and prob 2 for the 4.6

i have been keeping my eye out, haven't found any yet though.
might be able to custom make one? iirc that shaft is 6mm diameter might be able to use a drill press or machine some holes in a solid rod and make some spacers. still going to keep my eye out though, wish i had been able to stock up on them.

i have been keeping my eye out, haven't found any yet though.
might be able to custom make one? iirc that shaft is 6mm diameter might be able to use a drill press or machine some holes in a solid rod and make some spacers. still going to keep my eye out though, wish i had been able to stock up on them.

LOL...I remember my first kit ,when I looked at it ,I scratched my head an said to myself ,that's it ,hell ,I could have
made that!....:rolleyes:

thanks for keeping a eye out. I guess I could make them if I have to. At least I have them in other trucks to take em out and use as a template.

If I remember right ,the 2 plastic tubes fill in where the dead weight gears go!
Yes I think so also. But the plastic spacers are the easy part to make. Lol. It’s finding a hardened 6mm shaft and drill it out. I know the 8.0 has bigger holes for the pins.

Yes I think so also. But the plastic spacers are the easy part to make. Lol. It’s finding a hardened 6mm shaft and drill it out. I know the 8.0 has bigger holes for the pins.
I know you can get some 6mm round rod on Amazon, (double check that it is 6mm though should be able to see what bearings go in the trans for size) and then use a vice on a drill press, you would want to get non- hardened then harden once you have the almost finished product. Get a good enough setup might be able to start selling them to people lol in my FB groups lots of people looking for foc for these.

I know you can get some 6mm round rod on Amazon, (double check that it is 6mm though should be able to see what bearings go in the trans for size) and then use a vice on a drill press, you would want to get non- hardened then harden once you have the almost finished product. Get a good enough setup might be able to start selling them to people lol in my FB groups lots of people looking for foc for these.
sounds like a plan.

I think one time ,I ordered some aluminum stock on E-bay before so that I can make some brackets!

So if anyone needs something like that ,it is out there ,a local iron shop may not have that certain size as
they usually carry a more common!

I think one time ,I ordered some aluminum stock on E-bay before so that I can make some brackets!

So if anyone needs something like that ,it is out there ,a local iron shop may not have that certain size as
they usually carry a more common!
When i get back from vacay, i think i am going to start getting the stuff together and make a few

You will also need some good drill bids ,a mini drill press would be nice to have for something like that!...:thumbs-up:
got the drill press. ill just have to get some bits. plastic round stock for the spacers should be easy.

Back