mgt 8.0 ????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5004life91

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Do u guys think that a pro 70 bux motor out of a thunder tiger ek4 s2 could be put in the mgt 8.0 not saying I'm gonna do it as my motor runs fine but just wondering if u guys think it could be done as that would be the ultimate truck to mee:D

From what I've heard the 8.0 will only accept an engine that's similar to the 8.0. To use like a picco or lrp engine, you'd have to buy a 4.6 spur gear holder.

I wouldn't ever wanna go with a smaller motor even of it was"better" . I just don't seem right there is no replacement for displacement especially when you are trying to make a 13 lb truck move

Actually yes there is a replacement for displacement and it is called a better quality and designed engine. The 8.0 is basically a heli engine with a big cooling head. The .70 motor was never really that great either...another reason you can't find them anymore. If you are dead set on a large displacement engine I would try an LRP .32...I will guarantee it will be faster and have as much or more torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes there is a replacement for displacement and it is called a better quality and designed engine. The 8.0 is basically a heli engine with a big cooling head. The .70 motor was never really that great either...another reason you can't find them anymore. If you are dead set on a large displacement engine I would try an LRP .32...I will guarantee it will be faster and have as much or more torque.
everyone seems to bring up the fact that the 8.0 and the 70 are helicopter motors and I just don't see how that's a bad thing or how it even matters. But any way I've read all over about swapping a 32 in my truck and I dont like the idea of having to regear my truck for it. Ill just keep my. 50 and someday maybe if it ever blows ill find something bigger :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not saying it is bad, but bigger just does not always mean more power. Would I like to stuff something like a 1.5ci four stroke airplane engine into a Savage or something like it? Sure just for the novelty of it but I know it would not have the performance of a well tuned, high quality .28. I used to be impressed by the size of engines then learned that just because it is big does not maen it will be faster. Fun is what it's about....as long as you are having it....who cares?

I am not saying it is bad, but bigger just does not always mean more power. Would I like to stuff something like a 1.5ci four stroke airplane engine into a Savage or something like it? Sure just for the novelty of it but I know it would not have the performance of a well tuned, high quality .28. I used to be impressed by the size of engines then learned that just because it is big does not maen it will be faster. Fun is what it's about....as long as you are having it....who cares?

Right all I'm concerned with is the fun I'm not a racer just a basher B-) still like the idea of putting a twin 70 engines in this truck or twin 32 but I would have to go with a different trans idk maybe someday

The next best option is, you can get the 8.0 block ported.:D
Who would be able to port it ? I was thinking of getting a better pipe for it too. There's gotta be at least 2.5 horse hidden in there :D:p:

Slap a Novarossi .28 in there, it will certainly do the job! So will any other high quality mill but if your dead set on the displacement go with the bigger LRP, just my opinion..

I just sold my MGT 8.0 yesterday as an ARTR, kept all my parts, still have enough to build another truck minus the engine and power plant :)

---------- Post added at 6:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:54 PM ----------

For engine modding here is a couple more..

http://www.rcrenew.com/

http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/

Back