MGT 8.0 engine upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acert

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my brother installed a LRP Nitro Engine ZR.30 Spec.2 Pullstart engine in his mgt 8 and thinks hes king of the hill now. What would be the best engine upgrade for my 8.0 to shut him up?:angry:

The guy that owns the Extreme RC mods vendor store had this to say when asked a similiar type question

I have the Extreme modified SH P8 .28 (same engine as the LRP spec 3 .28 and Mach 454) for $245 shipped NIB. It will outrun all the stock engines listed above with ease, check out the BST section for more info and vids if your interested.
I would check with him (Sorry extreme mods guy, I dont know yoru name) and I bet he could hook you up with something modded that would shut your bother up quick, fast and in a hurry :)

Heres a link to his sub section in the forum.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142

My Name is Robin, thanks Mr Wolf :)

Look on ebay there is guy that post 8.0 modded engines that he gaurantees to be fiftly percent faster that a stop 8.0. I bought one for my 8.0 and it is the fastest monster truck on the block. It cost me over 250 bucks ... worth every cent

Look on ebay there is guy that post 8.0 modded engines that he gaurantees to be fiftly percent faster that a stop 8.0. I bought one for my 8.0 and it is the fastest monster truck on the block. It cost me over 250 bucks ... worth every cent

not tryin to jack your thread but will this motor fit on a savage with ease ?

No it will not fit a Savage and the 8.0 is not really a step from most .28 engines. Bigger is not always better.

I agree with Frickin Joey. It says right in the paperwork that these engines will only work on an MGT. The motor mounting holes are different that any other big blocks therefore it will not work. If you change a motor in a MGT 8.0 you have to use a 4.6 engine mount

Back