MGT 8.0 ENGINE HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluetickduke

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone

Got an mgt 8.0 and a tmaxx, plus 4 other engines and various parts for 175:yesterday..

The 8.0 was heavily damaged inside. The connecting rod lost a few chunks and those chunks ended up on top of the piston and it beat everything to death..
Where the hell do i find internals for this engine?! Would any thunder tiger. 50 parts be interchangeable?

Really not wanting to spend 300 on a new engine for this..

Personally, I know nothing about this engine nor any engine for that matter but I would send an email.
I pulled this from another site and it is an old post but may be worth a shot, just for some info.

[email protected]

Hey everyone

Got an mgt 8.0 and a tmaxx, plus 4 other engines and various parts for 175:yesterday..

The 8.0 was heavily damaged inside. The connecting rod lost a few chunks and those chunks ended up on top of the piston and it beat everything to death..
Where the hell do i find internals for this engine?! Would any thunder tiger. 50 parts be interchangeable?

Really not wanting to spend 300 on a new engine for this..
I doubt your gonna find replacement parts for that engine. Your best bet would be on eBay. Doubtful that the TT .50 parts are interchangable but why not just put the TT engine in it and call it a day?

or Id check in to seeing is a .32 will fit the engine mount and if so then you can buy an LRP .32 Spec4 for $180

I doubt your gonna find replacement parts for that engine. Your best bet would be on eBay. Doubtful that the TT .50 parts are interchangable but why not just put the TT engine in it and call it a day?

or Id check in to seeing is a .32 will fit the engine mount and if so then you can buy an LRP .32 Spec4 for $180
I have 2 lrps 32s already and I'd rather circumcise myself with a plastic spoon than mess with them anymore.. 🤦‍♂️ Their excellent paper weights tho.

Ill just keep an eye on ebay, I'm definitely not selling this engine.

I have 2 lrps 32s already and I'd rather circumcise myself with a plastic spoon than mess with them anymore.. 🤦‍♂️ Their excellent paper weights tho.

Ill just keep an eye on ebay, I'm definitely not selling this engine.
Ok so you dont like the LRP .32, my point was just use a .32 instead of the gimmicky .50

Ugh..

Imma use a helicopter engine ultimately for the project.. Been sick as hell so I haven't done much yet.