MGT 4.6 ordered

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadw

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello..new guy here..just ordered a MGT from Ultimatehobbies. From the reading i have done it looks like there are some things I should do to it as soon as i get it. What needs to be taken apart and have blue locktite applied? What other things should be done before i start the breakin or anything else..thanks for the help..
Chad

Get a 6v battery pack for it.
But before you even do that, unplug the batt. pack from the batt. jack on the receiver and plug it into the 4th channel of your receiver. This will allow the full 6v from the batteries to work for you.

You can also replace the brake spring with fuel tubing. It will stop better for you.

That is pretty much it at first. Break it in and start slow with it. Don't make it heavy with a lot of aluminum. If you break an a-arm, order the rpm a-arms. If you pop a shock cap, get the aluminum caps. I was lucky enough to stumble into a full set of proline powerstrokes a couple of years ago myself. I don't own the shock caps, but I hear good things. hahah

If you feel the need to buy anything, get 4 red springs and 4 gold springs and stiffen up the shocks.
Also, get some really good tires and rpm rims.
I use the Losi Zombie Maxx tires. I like the rpm offset titan rims myself.
It will handle like a dream after that.
If you need more speed, get the forward only conversion kit.

Last but not least...
Do not upgrade too much at one time. Do a little at a time.

thanks

Thanks...thats what i was looking for...

I remember reading about some screws that work themselves loose and everyone recommends using locktite on them but can't remember what ones they were..any idea?

Chad

Uhhh.. I think they are talking about the set screws on the drive cups. On the bottom of the truck, you should see the cups that run from the tranny to the diffs.
you need to take out those set screws and put some thread lock on them.

yep that was the ones..just couldnt remember..

Back