MGT 17mm hex hubs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Doe's anyone know what brand if any 17mm hex hubs will fit the MGT? I have been wanting to step up to a 17mm hex on my basher MGT for more durability, but can't seem to locate any online. Looking to upgrade to a set of Badlands on some renegade wheels.

If it fits tmaxx it will fit mgt..
I use the integy 17mm adapters +6 mm a side
All my trucks have a set all the same, except savageXL they are for 8mm axles
Never had one fail!

Ya agreed there, the mgt has the same 6mm shaft with 5mm threaded end, I like the ofna hubs myself #81175

I even use the Traxxas alum 17mm hubs screw pin holds them on good, no issues
Red, blue,green colors

Really didn't realize the maxx would fit. I thought I read some where that the maxx hub ext would not fit because of the back spacing on the axle carrier being different. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I will put them on my mgt hulk and post a pic tmrw for ease of mine.. :)

Thanks bro I appreciate that. The strange thing is I have a set of 23mm just hex's that I purchased for a maxx awhile back and I tried them on the MGT strange they didn't fit. I couldn't get them to slide far enough up the axle to get the pin through the hub to lock it onto the axle. They were ANC machined brand. I am looking at the Traxxas ones on ebay, if they work good I will buy to sets one for my project truck and one for the basher.

Yes I remember now, the pin hole is tight to hub..

c71a94db2badbf8c2dab84563c220647.jpg

845818d711268cb45063964ff3f6d363.jpg

That's why I got the Integy adapters...

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

b8b9f392cdb83a2c2b1a83c72f9e151b.jpg

eb35e3a2ef6c4728cd5fd67582083171.jpg

cd8495c700083545e35ef4bfef5f7b06.jpg

Integy will work fine
Part# intt C23101silver

Not a huge fan of the Integy adapters unless they have changed from the last ones I had. So the traxxas ones don't fit? I may have to try out thIntegy ones. I take it those Integy adapters you got are set to fit the Traxxas maxx.

Last edited:
Why cause there integy..?
I have never had a problem with them..
Yes they are for my short Maxx 2.5 chassis, but I will be using them for my MGT now for wheel changes..
50fa4272d9bdb4c88367bcdd2d06c3c4.jpg

I have a blue set of +6mm on her..

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Adapters with a through pin style mount won't work..
They fit the 3.3 tmaxx and revo hub n axles where there is space behind axle hole...

Why cause there integy..?
I have never had a problem with them..
Yes they are for my short Maxx 2.5 chassis, but I will be using them for my MGT now for wheel changes..
50fa4272d9bdb4c88367bcdd2d06c3c4.jpg

I have a blue set of +6mm on her..

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Adapters with a through pin style mount won't work..
They fit the 3.3 tmaxx and revo hub n axles where there is space behind axle hole...

No I have been having pretty good luck running some of the Integy stuff lately, the Integy ones I have now I have never ran they just didn't seem to fit very well on the rig I have them installed on which is a Maxx.

I had to go directly to Integy to find the style Hex's your using they are completely different than the ones I have. I think I will give these a try. They look to be a better quality for fitment Thanks Ckeith much appreciated!:D

Okay just posting this so the info is out there. I purchased the 17mm hex adapter .6mm ext from Integy. Part#C23101. These fit like they were made for the MGT. I would recommend these to anyone running the MGT that is still running the stock size 6mm axle. Integy sure has stepped up there quality material with there new aluminum parts. These seem to be better quality than most other adapters I have ran. Just thought I would put the info out there for any other MGT guys! And thanks Ckeith for turning me in the right direction with these!

I’ll b getting a set for my mgt electric conversion. Thanks

Hiya guy's ... I was having a similar issue with a set of Traxxas Revo 3.3 17 mm Hub adapters on my MGT 4.6 . The backspacing is off by just a scosch and the tolerances are just tight enough that trying to get the axle Cross pins in place is a real pain in the ass. Luckily this isn't my first rodeo and there's a better way to lock your axles and hubs together.

The Hub adapters I bought new on eBay are threaded and they even come with grub screws if you wanted to use them to keep the cross pins in place. Well I picked up some socket cap head screws the same length as the cross pins in the same pitch and thread as the adopters. I lined the axles and hubs up and threaded the cap head screws in with a nut driver and called it a day.. if you're wondering there are no fitment issues with these Proline Wheels on the hubs. I've done this with almost every 8th scale rig I've had and I've never had a problem. I hope this helps and I hope y"all like it, thanks...

IMG20230817180716.jpg

IMG20230817180648.jpg

IMG20230816203346.jpg

Back