Melting Of LEAD WIRE!?!?!?!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bforum3

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well i have had my new sport maxx for like 4 days got the break in in and am doing the best to tune w/o temp gauge but didnt think it was a great idea so i stopped and i was running it slow and rich doesn't take off bery well and boggs out a little in grass so i tool=k the top off and i noticed the lead wire was starting to melt to the header and so i imediatly pulled it off to prevent more melting and richened it more because obviously it is to lean but the performance sucks can anyone enlighten me???? PLEASE I'm CONFUSED...??!?!?!

OH yeah and i forgot...

My dog can keep up with it at full throttle!?!?!? HELP ME

you already posted this in another forum and someone responded.

it was an accident i didnt mean to post it in the nitro talk and when i got responded to the person didnt understand that the lead wire on the maxx touches the header and he ust said to not have wires touch the header but its kinda hard on the maxx and he didnt own a maxx so i reposted here where people know more about what I'm talking about.

thats okay bform - I'm not yelling at u, just making sure u were aware. no offense i hope.

regarding your concern for speed - keep in mind - it is a monster truck - most dogs can ru 30+ so a dog outrunning it isnt that crazy.

fuel line

Bforum:

Try cutting an old piece of fuel line & slicing it on one side. the put it over the blue lead wire. This will prevent it from melting / shredding on the header in the future. I went thru about 2 lead wires (only $2.00 for a new wire) until I figured this out. Also, if the black ring on the header falls off (it will eventually if you flip the truck or something), use a small wire tire & put thru the header & up over the top to hold the black ring in place. This also prevents the head from getting scratched up.

Good luck!

thanks a lot thats very helpful! :D :yes: :cheers: :dance: :worship: :worship:

What do you mean by wire tire? or wire tie or a zip tie? Zip Tie Melt, wont it?

if your zip ties melt, you are running way too hot. i suggest you get a temp gauge.

Back