maxx ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car God

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
If you want performance stay with the .15 but if it's just going to sit and look pretty go 2.5:thumbsup:

Besides you'll have to wait for parts on the 2.5:bow:

As far as sitting and looking pretty, if your refering to the reliability of the 2.5, your mistaken. This is my first nitro truck but not my first experience. My friend has a old maxx, after I beat him easily, he is now selling it for a 2.5. I have no problems with starting or running and compared to the .15 it's a beast.
From your comments it seems you haven't seen the new maxx run, goto www.traxxas.com and download a couple of the run videos, I think you will change your mind..

I have an old maxx with Ae .15 and ill take on any 2.5 out there, beat 3 on sunday.

I’m glad to hear you had a great time at the races. Racing is a wonderful thing.
All the power in the world means nothing in the wrong hands. If you are serious about racing do your self a favor and try the 2.5. Just think, how much more competitive you will be with a more powerful engine. Keep up the good work.

If you have followed my posts from this forum or from others you will know if there was a way to hate this engine I would have found it by now.

I originally purchased the New Maxx 2.5 just so I could find things to hate about it. Well, I can't. Except for the un-availability of parts. Then My LHS told me they would replace them for free until they were readily available. Jeez….. let me find a fault.. Please…

Yea I know the new engine is awsome, I have drove one and tuned acouple for some buddies. I'm just waiting for the engine alone, I have to much in my maxx to buy another one, plus I want to see how many gallons people start getting out of them.

My other problem is the ugly pipe, I mean for performance it obviously works great, but man how hidious.

Yea well see what its gonna cost when they come out, but I really love my AE and it will wheelie and has almost the same top speed as the 2.5, we have raced them, after about 150 feet the 2.5 is only 1 to 11/2 trucks ahaed.

I did at the track in an actual race, but in a side by side drag race the 2.5 will take any .15 out right now, there is no doubt about that. Like you said racing is alot to do with the driver. Hey I remember you having alot of trouble with your fantom and i had the same. I was wondering if you did reinstall it on your maxx and if it was ok, I have never tried mine since I got it back because I like the AE so much, please let me now.

maxx ? eddy

Any day of the week i would race your 2.5 and would bet that i would win. My maxx is modified to the bone and have beaten the 2.5 befor, and as far as climbing bring it.:ha