Maxx shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok guys found a good buy on a set of 3RACING shocks for a maxx truck. has anyone run these are they any good. I know UE shocks are the best, but I found these as I said cheap. They look good but so does Integy and we all know how good quality they are. I will be running a single shock setup on my race maxx build, what weight oil for the front and rear would you pro shocks guys recommend I run with this kind of setup. Thanks:D

What bore/diameter are the shocks? A decent 4 shock setup will usually require 1/8th scale shocks like the UE or Ofna buggy shocks. It’s hard to tune a 4 shock setup if using 1/10 th scale shocks. Unless the rig has been put on a strict diet so you don’t have to over spring rate/oil wt them to hold up the rig and have decent compression rate and rebound.

I've never heard of them,every budget shock I've ever used resulted in me buying new shocks,......look on eBay for ofna rear buggy shocks and you should be able to get 4 for a good price

transmited from a mobile communications device

They "look" pretty but so does Integy. I had a buddy that bought a set made for the Savage and he had really bad luck with them. This was a few years ago so they might have gotten better since then but just beware you might end up buying a differnt set anyway. I would hit up a set of Ofna shocks personally.

They "look" pretty but so does Integy. I had a buddy that bought a set made for the Savage and he had really bad luck with them. This was a few years ago so they might have gotten better since then but just beware you might end up buying a differnt set anyway. I would hit up a set of Ofna shocks personally.

Well these are listed as Ofna buggy shocks for the rear. That is what everyone is recommeding that I use.:D

I was thinking of trying to run the losi eight 2.0 shocks on my race maxx build. Should I go with rears or front shocks. I am trying to keep the 4 shock setup.

Well these are listed as Ofna buggy shocks for the rear. That is what everyone is recommeding that I use.:D

Yeah but are these made by ofna? It appears that another company makes those as a shiny upgrade for ofna

transmited from a mobile communications device

Think, I have decided to go with the losi eight 2.0 rear shocks for this build. Pretty sure, those should get the job done. If there good enough for the eight T 2.0. Plus this truck is going to be on the light side I hope.:D

I was thinking of trying to run the losi eight 2.0 shocks on my race maxx build. Should I go with rears or front shocks. I am trying to keep the 4 shock setup.

The rears are longer than the fronts. If you go with the longer rear ones make sure you have either FLM or knucklehead shocktowers. You will need the adjustability or the shocks will bottom out before your truck does which= bent shock shafts

The rears are longer than the fronts. If you go with the longer rear ones make sure you have either FLM or knucklehead shocktowers. You will need the adjustability or the shocks will bottom out before your truck does which= bent shock shafts

Yah I will be running the FLM skock towers on this build. I may try running, the front eight t 2.0 shocks all the way around not sure if it will be to low though.

Back