Matrix Reloaded

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the movie was pretty kick ass, and anyone get the point of it? 8-0

-Michael

huh? what do u mean woodie, regarding ur last post?

btw-woodiE - check ur pm's

icon7.gif
good movie.
icon7.gif

The trailer was good but sitting through the credits did suck. It's worth the download, but don't sit through the credits for it.

***WARNING DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE***

WoodiE, why would the crew be mad? It didn't matter what Neo picked, Zion was going to be destoryed both ways. Zion had been destroyed and rebuilt 6 times all ready. By picking to go back and save Trinity he's diviated from the previous 6 iterations before him.

I thought it was freaky how he destroed those robots outside of the matrix. It was similar to when he stopped those bullets. Does he now have the same powers outside of the matrix that he had inside? Or is it just that he can control the machines because he's linked to them. He said he could "feel them".

What's up with that guy with the knife? So many questions! I can't wait for the next installment at the end of this summer.

Again, good movie.
icon7.gif

***** DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE *****

Originally posted by NoviceRob
WoodiE, why would the crew be mad? It didn't matter what Neo picked, Zion was going to be destoryed both ways. Zion had been destroyed and rebuilt 6 times all ready. By picking to go back and save Trinity he's diviated from the previous 6 iterations before him.[/B][/QUOTE]

NoviceRob,

You answered your own question, then turned and went the other way. Zion is FAKE, there is no city of "the free humans" You yourself said Zion had been built and destroyed 6 times. Zion is a program, NEO IS A PROGRAM, everyone of them are a program.

When Neo was talking to the architect, The Architect told him all this, but he also added a bunch of other stuff to confuse people. The architect told him they already know what choice he is going to make, the SAME choice the other 6 Neo's picked before him. He (the architect) then went on to say the only difference between this Neo and the past Neo's is. This Neo thinks he found love, the architect then went on to say the computers/machines have finally mastered AI.

You ask why would the other crew be mad? Well because everyone thinks they are real humans, they're not. Its all fake, all programs. Even Zion. The prophet even told him she was fake, only a program. Zion thinks she's a human. Not ture, Neo now knows this and also knows he and everything else is simiply a program.

-Michael

Here is a theory: Zion and the people who have been freed, aren't really free at all, but a part of a sub-matrix created by the machines for those who didn't fit the regular matrix. Neo may be realizing this when he stops the centinals.

Also-we don't really know that the architect was telling the truth when he stated there were 5 other "ones" before Neo. He could have stated that to try to control Neo's actions by using probability on what the machines know about human emotions.

Just two of my thoughts anyways

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus
not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the
others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: Others? What
others? How many? Answer me!'*

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the
anomaly's
systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors:
You
can't control me! **** you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me
do
anything!*

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

Now while all the above quotes show good points the lines below answer the question:

The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the
source,
allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting
the
prime program. After which you will be required to select from the
matrix 23
individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply
with this
process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone
connected
to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will
ultimately
result in the extinction of the entire human race.

The Architect says this "The function of the One is now to return to the source". Neo is indeed the ONE, but the one is not what we have been lead to believe, which is to set the human race free. The purpose of the ONE is to start the program over.

The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five
predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a
contingent
affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest
of
your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others
experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more
specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neos dream appear on the
monitors*

Neo - Trinity.

The Architect - Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at
the
cost of her own.

Neo - No!

Neo is a program, this goes to prove it even more so. The last five where programmed the same way as the current Neo. While the others
experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more
specific. Vis-a-vis, love."

Once again, the computers have mastered AI. The architect goes on to prove that everyone is a program by saying the point of Trinity is to save his life at the cost of her own....just like the last five times.

-Michael

I dont think it's a sub-matrix. I think all of the other people are real. Neo is a program. Programs can cross over into the real world.

Did anyone else catch who that guy was on the table oposite of him? It's Smith in a human body.

This is a good link:

http://www.thehotbutton.com/today/hot.button/2003_thb/030513b_tue.htm

I personally believe he hasn't left the matrix yet. Hence why he could stop those robots and hence why no phone call thing. But that one is a personal belief. *shrug*

-Rob

That was smith? I though it was the kid who gave neo the spoon towards the end.

Damn I'm lost, I'm starting to think i didn't even get the movie.

like i said mayhem - I'm getting dizzy. after watching the movie - i felt like i ate one of those pills. lol

I didn't realize neo was a program until woodie peaked my interest. That page is a wealth of information.

Did you know Merovingian was a pervious One maybe even the first?

Lots of weird stuff that you just don't get the first time around. I surely have to rent the DVD or even buy it maybe.

I'm sure woodie will have it on dvd.:yes:

Dangnabit...I thought I had a good understanding of Reloaded but now I am confused as well. I was wondering who that guy was that tried to kill Neo but after you mentioned that it was Smith I might buy that becuase there was a spot where an agent picked up the telephone.

Thanks for the link on the conversasition between the Architect and Neo. Does the entire Reloaded script exists somewhere? I wanted to re-read or re-watch the scene with Neo and the French guy.

Originally posted by Mayhem
That was smith? I though it was the kid who gave neo the spoon towards the end.

Damn I'm lost, I'm starting to think i didn't even get the movie.

Smith infected himself into that guy.

As far as neo being a program, like NoviceRob said - How else would he be able to stop the machines, or even see in code. Remember when they showed what it was like looking from Neo's eyes a few times...it was all in code, not like you and I see it.

The guys in the chateau are not the "the one" versions 1-5 they are werewolfs and or vampires. Persephone killed one of them with a silver bullet. what else dies with a silver bullet? plus the movie they were watching, it was some kind of cheap horror flick, with a vampire/werewolf character on it.

As for the french dude, he is just a program as the oracle said. his wife however, i believe is completely different. I believe that Persephone will play a much bigger part in revolutions.
Why didn't the french guy do anything when Persephone betrayed him? All he said was: woman, you'll be the death of me.
He didn't do anything because he couldn't. She had control over him. The greek myth of persephone itself is that she became goddess of the underworld. (underworld: what better place for vampires and werewolfs?) more hinting that she is the one of power.

-Michael

Smith infected the guy to get into zion. He also wanted Neo dead becouse Noe is the only thing that stands in his way. In his way of what????? We wont know until the next matrix. At the end of this summer.

Persephani, being the goddess of the underworld is going to be a big player in the next, I think. It will prove to be an interesting twist.

Very interesting points, to all i have not thought of alot of these points. The only thing i have to bring up that now makes sence is a common link between 1 &2
in the 1st when they had morpheous captured agent smith tells him that the human mind could not accept perfection it needed flaws. And in 2 the arichitect mentions that the humand mind needs hope.
this appears to be another point infavor of the whole thing being part of the program.

OK, here is my take. And sorry WoodiE, its against what you are saying. I may be wrong and I may not be clear, but Ill do my best. I am not a huge insider buff, but reloaded just took me over.

The machines need human life to survive. How would that energy source be replenished? Zion is a place to breed human life to keep replenishing the energy source. When that source gets too big the machines need to clear house to keep the humans from taking over. They keep doing this to keep their energy source in check. That is why when zion falls there needs to be a certain number of human; man, women and children to restart the process. I mean damn, how can anyone reproduce when in those capsules? The machines are not going to destroy all of human kind, but harvest them leaving only a certain amount alive to restart the cycle.

Now the reason that Neo now has his power in the real world.

The hallways are a part of the matrix that no one knew existed. Link cannot detect where anyone is when they are in this place. Each door leads to another program. Is it not possible that the world that Neo thinks he is in is not the real world, but just another program? How else would it be possible for a program (smith) be able to survive in the real world inside a human body which is organic. The reason I dont believe that zion and all the humans are also in the matrix and are just programs is why was Neo not able to detect the sentinels before?

Now these are just my theories and I have to admit, I have only watched Matrix 1 only once and Reloaded once. So take what I have to say with a grain of salt, and if I am not accurate with my details let me know.

I read one thing about what someone thought might happen in the ending of the last installment "Revolutions." The term means two things... to fight back, or come full circle. I hope, but it would be cool, that the end of the movie will be Anderson waking up hitting his alarm clock.

Discuss

oh fooey, i thought there were too many things iffy in the movie

they can reproduce in the capsule by artificial incemination