Mardave Marauder RC buggy questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N20

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello all,

Okay, I bought a mardave marauder from ebay a couple of weeks ago, was all jammed up, grotty and messy, I gave it a good clean, engine and all.

I managed to get it to run for about 5 seconds. Then foolishly my friend (who I asked over so he could help) managed to snap the main fuel needle. When I say needle, I actually mean the outer housing the needle sits in.

Which really sucks.

I bought a replacement from ebay, but that didn't fit, the threads were too narrow compared to the original one. I also tried to glue the old one back together but the glue clogs the passage ways and isn't strong enough. It would probably dissolve with the nitro passing through it anyway.

Question is, does anybody either have a spare main needle housing they can sell to me, or know of where I can buy one that will fit?

Here is a picture of the broken part.

As you can see, that part that screws into the carburetor has snapped away from the main housing of the needle.

Here is the part I bought from ebay.

You can see the threads are different, also, the ring that slides over the needle housing is too big on the one I bought from ebay. It leaves a gap where it's supposed to seal against the carburetor.

I tried putting on a couple of o rings to seal it, but it doesn't really help.

Oh, and if you're wondering how I got the one from ebay to fit into the carburetor, I filed down the threads a tiny bit and managed to get it in. Bad idea, I know. The threads inside the carb are still fine however.

So, if anybody knows where I can find a part that fits, or if you can sell me one of yours, please do say.

------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If anybody can give me details of the needle settings for an irvine-25 engine, that would also be very helpful.

EDIT: Feel free to add me on msn if you want to communicate that way.

Thanks!

Stuart

Last edited:
Take the broken one to a hobby shop and tell them that's what you need.

Hmm, I doubt they'll be able to do that, not many model shops like that near where I live.

And it's such an old model, all that parts i've found so far have different threads, and are different sizes.

Show me a pic of the entire engine and carb. I may can direct you. Not too many people make a .25 RTR. SH engines and Ofna , and towerhobbies make or sell a .25.
Contact these guys, they may can help.
Tel: 01228 712800, Fax: 01228 712800, Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back