man I am so close to running it..now another hang up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWOCANE

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got a HPI motor saver air filter and my roll bar is in my way. I have to figure out how to get it to fit, any ideas ..thanks in advance...................... I will get some pics and for now run mt stock that came on a 3.3:bow:

c3_2.gif

0129082212a.jpg

thats the parts any ideas, I will put some up of the filter kinda on.

Rolex your Savage has turned into a sickness man......be careful it is contagious.....now I want to send some more money on mine..thanks a lot.....you are a bad influence...lol....
BTW what is the bulb right before your carb and in the exhaust line.....I see a fuel filter already.......a one-way valve?

frickenjoey - It's just another fuel filter. I asked Rolex that a long time ago.

When you put on those off-road filters, does it have to be facing up? I always thought you can have it face sideways.

what did you use Ralph as tube on your filter? Does the fuel filter need to be on a certain way? _ , | up and down or sideways. I have mine up and down.

I think you can have it sideways. I saw some have sideways in some magazines and Youtube.

I figured you could do it side ways but I have mine up and down.does that work properly?

On the top of the head protector (roll bar) you'll see an aluminum red anodized Big Daddy fuel filter. To me, that's a MUST. The next one down is the clear one, and basically it just acts as a reservoir for extra lid time.
On top of the roll bar is one in the return line. It smooths out the puffing in the pressure line, and also keeps any dirt that gets into the muffler from getting to the tank.

If you've been following the "My Savage Pics" thread in the Savage forum, you'll see there have been more changes since this pic was taken, but the air filter is still in the same place.

TWOCANE said:
what did you use Ralph as tube on your filter?
Which tube?

EDIT: The air filter can face in any direction.
Note the red O-ring and screen in the clear filters. You want these going in the direction of the flow so anything gets trapped INSIDE them. You don't want sediment to stay in the line OUTSIDE.

Last edited:
Well last night I spend a long time going through the image gallery, and I was admiring the Rolex-mobile because it's such a fine automobile, small or not. I noticed those filters and was thinking about PM'ing Rolex to ask their purpose, and then I saw this today.

Rolex, does the clear make it easier to see if there is fuel flowing through the line, or is that already easy with your line?

....now I want to send some more money on mine..thanks a lot....
Send me some money and you will get a box full of stock parts that came off it. Give the post office a few more days, and the stock head will be added to the pile of parts.

what did you use Ralph as tube on your filter?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess you want to know what tube is holding the two elbows together. It's a plastic thread spool from one of those $1.99 sewing kits in the grocery store. I spotted it one day and knew it was perfect. Ridges on each end, thin and almost weightless.

the Rolex-mobile

Rolex, does the clear make it easier to see if there is fuel flowing through the line, or is that already easy with your line?
LMAO...the Rolex-mobile. Thanks, man.
The lines are pretty clear, but I also use the clear filters there to see fuel and residue. If there's any dirt to be seen in either one, it's time for a full cleanout.
I've used this setup on other MTs, but as most of you know, this one has hardly seen house dust. lol

Ralph I got her up and running today!! But now I get fuel cut when I open the beast up. My buddy wants me to remove the filter but I am going to put it on the pressure line like you said from my fantom. Is that cool?
IM000311.jpg

Its coming from the tank now.

Back