Man, Finally everything arives and I can't use the lipo...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok guys, I got a computer power supply modded by a member from them. It came today, and looked good. Plugged the Cellpro in, and just a little beeping, for a second, then it stops.

I thought it might be the cellpro, but I tried it on a 12v car battery, and it started up fine.

It appears to be made wrong or something, check out the video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhbpacpEEDY"]YouTube - Computer Power Supply Problem[/ame]

You can see, even to start with there isnt much voltage.

Let me know what you guys think the problem is. I really want to try lipo out for the first time... Thanks everyone in advance.
-Pat (redhatman)

The only real issue I can think of is that perhaps the guy used an ATX supply and didn't correctly mod it. I have a setup just like it sitting on my desk that I use for my lathe (since it has 5v taps), that is based off an older AT power supply.

The other issue might be the load used in the mod. You have to use a set of 6 10ohm 100watt resistors, if memory serves me correctly, on the 5V line to get it to produce a current suitable to power a charger from. To test this, if the person that modded the supply put 5V outs on it, connect a couple resistors to the 5V positive and negative. If the supply turns on, you've found the cause.

In fact, the more I get to looking at the video, the more I'm sure it's an ATX supply. I would send it back to him and make him correct his error.