Major t-maxx problem ? Needs help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WazabiQc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was running my t-maxx yesterday, after tuning it a bit so it wouldn't skip reverse gear, it was revving too high. However after a couple minutes running, it suddenly died. Tried to restart it, immediatly it wouldn't run. i started it about ten minutes after, idles fine, but dies as soon as i give it gas ! So i decided to reset tuning (4 turn from closed for HSN and flush with carb slide end for LSN) after resetting to factory tune, it won't run ! may this be related to transmission or something ? i noticed that the brake doesn't work anymore! when i apply brakes, the disc is locked, but the four wheels can turn. also, is can run , but at reallly low speed. if i give it too much throttle, it kicks a bit like the clutch would engage too late, run, then dies. I have no trouble starting it, it idles fine. Also, sometime when i start it, it rolls forward( not jerking ) without any throttle input ! I hope someone can help me!

Do you have any guide or video on how to take a transmission appart from the truck ? all drivetrain are attached in it, reverse also.. i don't know much about nitro yet, it's my first ! and to add, i noticed that my truck spit out a ridiculous amount of fuel through the exhaust when i give it gas, enough to soak my hand !

The clutchbell is not part of the transmission it is the small gear that is on the motor which turns the bigger gear on the transmission.

If your truck is spitting a lot of fuel then your are running the carb to rich, there are two great tuning guides on here.

Rolex's Guide (This one has a good explanation on the clutch assembly)

Robin's Tuning guide (Give's good advice as to what you should listen for when tuning)

This stuff is easily found if you search the forums :) Also Youtube is a great source for finding videos for maintenance and more of RC.

sounds to me like the primary reverse/forward gears could be an issue.
if the clutch is not the problem you may have to remove the trans and most likely those gears (part #4995),I have done a few sets lately on my next door neighbours 2.5.seems he does like to wait for the thing to come to a complete stop and now after 3 sets he don't use reverse anymore