"MadMaxx"Big Block Tmaxx Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckeithnitro

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I Started a BB tmaxx build, going with the O.S .30vg with Sworkz 1/8 clutch and Sworkz tornado flywheel.
249fac8b2dd51c83606fded2d817d657.jpg

I'm using some 6061 alum sheet to fab my chassis, goin with 2" extension
88cddc351832aef00a5b04ce01a1ed4a.jpg

Put in all RRP metal gears in the transmission..
64e4e0da5ca0bb3661b1335b4d3b212c.jpg

Still need to fab a extended rear skid plate to pick up chassis braces..
bfc44840f998644d197b45841f2bc7f5.jpg

660e8910fb1f7b412560445fc6d94673.jpg

Lookin good so far bro. I really need to get on track with my Cybermaxx build. This scale crawler stuff eating into my nitro hard LOL!

Thanks guys..Still have a lot of work to do.. Some chassis cut outs and shaping, polishing, decide on a body for this build..

Can't wait till spring at bruderheim. MegaMaxx (twin engine)& MadMaxx (BB engine) drag race. Two shiny chassis screaming across the sand. Gonna be a blast. Good job.

Did you cut the chassis to fit a specific rear center shaft?
Looks good, fingers sore yet? :)

Can't wait till spring at bruderheim. MegaMaxx (twin engine)& MadMaxx (BB engine) drag race. Two shiny chassis screaming across the sand. Gonna be a blast. Good job.

Thanks, yes it will be a blast, especially ripping across that long Center rolling section :D

All RC's are welcome..

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Did you cut the chassis to fit a specific rear center shaft?
Looks good, fingers sore yet? :)

In a way Snook, I went to my MIP parts bin and pieced together a nice long Center shaft that would work with the 5mm trans shaft and 6mm diff shaft..
Worked out to just over 2" extension..
Thanks haha fingers are good so far :)

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

What spur gear setup are you running on the old school black trans.

The traxxas 3shoe slipper clutch with revo 40t spur and hpi 17t bell that would be for my XL.. MOD1 gears

The build is a lot easier than you thought hey? Tmaxx chassis are pretty easy to make.

Thanks, yes it will be a blast, especially ripping across that long Center rolling section :D

All RC's are welcome..

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

In a way Snook, I went to my MIP parts bin and pieced together a nice long Center shaft that would work with the 5mm trans shaft and 6mm diff shaft..
Worked out to just over 2" extension..
Thanks haha fingers are good so far :)

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

The traxxas 3shoe slipper clutch with revo 40t spur and hpi 17t bell that would be for my XL.. MOD1 gears

Didn't know the revo spur was compatible with the 2.5 trans, nice work man.

I've been running the torque control slipper and the revo spurs on my BB Maxx's for the last few years without any issues. You may occasionally have a broken/lost stock slipper pad, but the brake disk mod cures that once and for all.

Ckeith, did you modify the torque control slipper shaft to fit the RRP top gear set, or keep the stock plastic?

I have stock top shaft gears in for now.. I'm gonna see if I can figure something out to use those gears or shaft...maby find some pinions to modify for the shaft..?

Sworkz big bore shocks I'm using for MadMaxx..

1231aa918f23ecd0fd5b408c975582e0.jpg

Tires I'm using..3.2" swamp dawg

0ab352b8a73e1d43ca4c1fed5b57f342.jpg